Most people who are not JW's live with out moral restrain! All who have left the "Truth" regret it. June 15th WT

by life is to short 74 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

For every single person the WT finds who tells this big story of regret and misery because they left the WT, I can find 10,000 who are happy they left. "Without moral restraint"??? What the hell do you call hiding pedophiles? Do they expect a Boy Scout merit badge from Jesus for that?? Lying to the public, lying in court, kidnapping children, lying about their history, the list goes on and on.

I'm so tired of hearing what "garbage" those of us who left are being called. We tell the TRUTH, the REAL truth. For that, we get slandered. Even when the media and courts find absolute proof the WT broke the law, they turn around and say that "Satan controls the world, they are lying". I have a degree in psychology and if I had only clients who were in need of therapy because they were JW's or wanted to leave but had problems, I would be able to work 80 hours per week. Rev. warns about liars. It's time the WT took it's own medicine. Even if they don't, someday they will have it forced on them.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Let's turn this whole thing around and use my life as a perspective.

Because I did not stay close to the Christian brothers and sisters of my religious organizations (read: Christendom) the following happened:

I had a son out of wedlock at age 29 and had a tulmutuous time with his mom for a few years.

I married a member of a non-Christian cult at age 32 and endured (and still endure) conflict in my marriage.

And I am still reaping the effects of what I sow today.

Now if an active Jehovah's Witness can find fallacy in my arguments, then who's to say that their arguments are any better. I mean, I can just as easily argue that if only I had remained faithful and married only in the Lord then I would be in a wonderful marriage to a wonderful woman, possibly with us serving God as a united family. I mean, this is Watchtower reasoning when they apply it to themselves, right?

Hmmm.... Bottom line is I made foolish choices and it is true that I am reaping what I sow. However, there is no guarantee that I would've made better choices if I had been doing the things I suppose to or would've found a better partner. The probability may be higher but all of our choices are half chance.

Besides, neither of my sisters attend any formal worship service regularly and their lives are just fine. They made their share of mistakes too but their lives are not as bad as the Watchtower points out. In fact, their lives are quite normal.

It is also worthy to note that my brother is an atheist and he has no little illigitimate kids running around nor does he do drugs or drink excessively.

Well, I guess if the Jehovah's Witnesses want to continue to live in their illusion, that is their wish but I must point out this other illustration.

For a Jehovah's Witness to run around and say that their involvement in the Christian congregation of JW's straightened them out ignores the fact that there are people from The Potter's House (another church) saying the exact same thing. In fact, one of them witnessed to my wife about how she used to be into drinking and drugs until she found Christ through this church.

• sharinga
    sharinga

The sad reality is that all anyone needs is a good enough "reason" to do anything. There's no big secret way for people to be better.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I realized this wasn't true before I even left the JWs. It's one of the main reasons I left. I knew that my non-JW friends at school lived moral lives and they were very happy. Same with my non-JW grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. I am very grateful for all their influences on me and my life.

• bobld
    bobld

Wt June 15th only to their slave drones.Why not tell the public how good this pig food is.

B

• jam
    jam

A friend who is very active in his church told me, without God in his life and if he believe as I do(agnostic)

what would stop him from breaking the law, (jail). He believe without God in ones life the world would

self-destruct..Many here has found that the majority of mankind are moral people. Take away those people

that have mental problems(rapist, child molester etc.) the number is higher.

• flipper
    flipper

I identify with what SCARRED FOr LIFE said about non-JW relatives being very upstanding, moral, good people. My non-witness grandparents were fantastic people who my JW parents were close to and had a huge influence on my values in life. The WT society tries to scare witnesses into thinking everybody outside the cult is bad to keep them trapped inside and not leave. It's ridiculous.

I've known more atheists and agnostics who are much more moral than many so-called " religious " people I've known

• jambon1
    jambon1

The theory that everyone outside the JW organisation are miserable must lead to a lot of conflict in the mind of the JW.

I know it's true here locally that our neighbours, worldly friends & family are all enjoying life. Working, making friends, taking care of family, going on holiday etc. On the other hand, the congregations of JW's are an utter mess. Lots of depression, in-fighting, lack of love, frustration etc, etc.

• moshe
    moshe
    -In contrast, some who in the past chose to leave the 'safe water' of the Christian congregation now bitterly regret that decision.

Why didn't the Watchtower use the word, most, instead of some? Using most would have had a much bigger impact, don't you agree? Evidently ( the WT loves that word) it is because some is a lot better that the word they know best fits the actual circumstances of ex-JWs'- and that word would be , few.

It should say, "In contrast, a few who in the past chose to leave the 'safe water' of the Christian congregation now bitterly regret that decision"

The thinking JW (an oxymoron, I know) should realize that some really means way less that 50%, so that means on the flip side, that most ex-JW don't regret leaving the KH and that is why they don't come back! Hell, they are Happy, la,la,la, having a wonderful time on the outside! Let's go to OutLaws place and all get happy today and celebrate not being JW's!

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

All my friends who left are leading full, happy lives and feel FREE!!! I was still active at the time and remember thinking "free" sounded like such a dirty word. I didn't think we had the right to be free and actually enjoy ourselves.

*Ducking in case a lightening bolt strikes me for posting my first post on here*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit