WOW!!! Just found out from someone who went to the one day assembly....

by Lady Liberty 76 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Hello friends..

Just found out that at the recent one day assembly they are now REALLY discouraging people from getting married!!!!! Can you believe it????? They will lose young ones like crazy if they start telling them that they cannot get married...what are these sexually frusterated young people to do?? You cannot masterbate, you cannot have sex outside of marriage (not that I would encourage it either, but...), now you cannot even get married????? What the heck are they supposed to do??? As a parent to a almost 16 year old I feel so sorry for these kids!!!

They are still REALLY harpinmg on no education...saying, "We are SO........close to the end..."(What is new about that statement?? I was supposed to be a "new system" baby...now I am 43 years old!!) Then they used a elderly 70 year old man who said that when he was young he was discouraged from going to college because the end was SO CLOSE...they said..."if it was close then..IMAGINE how close it must be NOW?????"

Also..they are now saying NOT to record any of the talks from the assemblies!!! They went on and on about how if you want to listen to a talk from a convention you must go to the official JW website and download it from there!! They said that "Spiritual foodeeds to come from the PROPER PLACE!!"

I thought the food from the assemblies WAS food from the "proper place'???? OH BROTHER, what a stinkin JOKE!!!! Talk about damage control!!!! They are obviously having issues with ones recording and passing on comments in talks that are damaging to them..LOL!!! Gotta pull in the reigns somehow!!

Absolutley AMAZING!! I can only IMAGINE what kind of crap they are going to dish out at the District Assemblies this summer!! Anyone else been to the recent one dayer?? Did you glean any other new "spiritaul light??

Disgusted,

but always Sincere,

Lady Liberty

• lilyflor
    lilyflor

i need to attend one of these things again, i could use a few good laughs, on the other hand I just might end up puking instead

• JWoods
    JWoods

Just a question (I left before 1980) - how long have they been having "one day" assemblies?

I never knew of one that was under two and a half days back then...

BTW, other threads have said that the anti-marriage message is being given really strong attention this year. I cannot see what possible good they think that this is going to do either.

• sir82
    sir82

Did they say "Don't get married" to everyone, or just the kids?

They've been going on about how teenagers shouldn't get married for quite some time. Actually, that's one of the few bits of good advice they dispense.

Of course, it's their archaic restrictions on sex and masturbation that directly lead to teenage marriages in the first place, so that's tempered a bit...

They went on and on about how if you want to listen to a talk from a convention you must go to the official JW website and download it from there!!

They're going to upload convention talks onto their website? That's new.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

BTW, other threads have said that the anti-marriage message is being given really strong attention this year. I cannot see what possible good they think that this is going to do either.

I think it is a scare tactic...theey are losing people out the back door faster then they can get them in the front..I think they are saying this for people to say..."Wow...we MUST be closer then we realize if they are saying this!!"

I am SO THANKFUL to be out of that miserasble CULT!! Makes me so sad for the good people who have no clue...or the ones who are trapped inside for fear of losing everyone they hold dear...what a NIGHTMARE!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• White Dove
    White Dove

Sounds like Eunice and her boyfriend from the Children's book come to life again. I think they should be very old or dead by now.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Then they used a elderly 70 year old man who said that when he was young he was discouraged from going to college because the end was SO CLOSE...they said..."if it was close then..IMAGINE how close it must be NOW?????"

You can't argue with logic like that. Never mind that he wasted his entire life erroneously believing the end was near.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

This is really sick. Does anyone have a recording of that talk? I can't believe this!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The sun is going to run out of fuel and life on earth is going to end! We are ALMOST TEN SECONDS CLOSER TO THIS than when I started typing this post!!!!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Dear gods. I hope and pray that all the good hearts and minds who can and will... awaken.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit