Email From JW Family - Babylon The Great Is Falling.... In Germany

by sussed out 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Chalam
    Chalam

So what non-jw religions consider religion to be Babylon. Is that a concept outside the WTS?

From the ESV Study Bible

Rev. 17:1–19:10 Babylon the Prostitute. An extended vision elaborates on the fall of Babylon, previously announced by an angel (14:8) and portrayed in the seventh bowl (16:18–19). The city appears as a woman, a prostitute (17:1–6); then an angel explains the meaning of the woman and the beast on which she sits (17:7–18). Finally, a series of voices comment on her fall—from the perspective of heaven (18:1–8), through earthly laments (18:9–19), and again from heaven's viewpoint (18:20–19:10). The “great prostitute” and “Babylon the great” (chs. 17 and 18) are synonymous, both depicting the empire of the beast. Many futurists think that Babylon represents a great religious entity (not identified more specifically) that will follow and support the Antichrist in the end times. Historically, many Protestants identified Babylon with the Roman Catholic Church, but that view is not widely held today. Others foresee an actual restoration of ancient Babylon, while still others think this represents some kind of revived Roman Empire or similar political entity (see note on 17:9–11).

More than a few notes on the subject here! http://mikebickle.org/resources/category/end-times/harlot-babylon/

Mike has much straight talk and plain and simple biblical teaching, highly recommended :)

Blessings,

Stephen

• agonus
    agonus

"Babylon", if I'm not mistaken, literally means "Confusion".

Maybe BTG is just a state of great confusion. Makes sense to me - I'm confused as hell.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Has anyone found the actual news article that this is from?

http://www.spart-euch-die-kirche.de/

• CrimsonAshes
    CrimsonAshes

Other than their official site? If it's not on the news, it can't be that big of a deal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit