My Congregation = I'm like a sober person talking to "high" drug addicts!!!!

by Witness 007 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

In my Cong. you start a "normal" conversation like....I complimented a brother on having 8 Grandchildren....he got a sad look in his eye and said:"Yeah, well I wish it was IN THE NEW SYSTEM." {I guess they are all doomed to destruction} I HONESTLY was stumped. I had nothing more to say to that. Sister G_____ is very sick but...."Weeell, the New system is almost here." {Okay so I won't bring over that chicken soup let Jehovah do it}

An Elder had the door slammed on him in Witnessing and said he hopes at Armagedon they live long enough to remember slamming the door on him and rejecting the good news....WTF!

Everyone has a "Hitler youth" glazed eyes look, like those women in Nazi Germany parade footage.....saying "THE NEW SYSTEM IS ALMOST HERE!!!"

Impossible to have a normal conversation when someone is drugged up on religious "Opium."

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Impossible to have a normal conversation when someone is drugged up on religious "Opium."

Yes I would agree, my certain family members that are still in have a glazed look in their eyes that creeps my out

at times, due to this, I mostly try and avoid them.

Come to think about it just about all JWS that I used to know, creep me out, I think its their bent out of shape psychology,

that for the best part reminds me of my own whacked out psychology from when I was JW ...........YUCK !

Unfortunately after years and years of indoctrination, rehabilitation takes time.

Ex-jws come here in some ways to rehabilitate themselves to become real and whole, for this reason

JWN serves a very important and valuable service to the public.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I totally agree. The extended family members that I have that are JWs are just like you describe. It is IMPOSSIBLE to have any kind of normal conversation with them. I made a renewed effort after my mother died to try and renew relations with some of them. But , I must have been dreaming. I wanted so much to have some sort of sense of family. Since I've been on these boards I've realized that I'm wasting my time. I haven't seen any of them in over a year now. Nor have I heard from them. Nor do I care.

• man in black
    man in black

Neat observation, thanks for posting your thoughts !

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Ever see that movie "The Invasion of the Body Snatchers"? Just like going to a Kingdom Hall.

Say something that isn't JW babble speak, and they all stand in unison, point at you and shriek.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Yes, I have seen it. Creepy, isn't it?

• blondie
    blondie

It boils down to why people become jws (for the most part), their own everlasting life on a paradise earth. It doesn't matter if they ever bring someone in (and few put any effort into it thinking that God will drop a bible student into their lap if it is meant to be), so they don't prepare, practice, think about they are out their saving other people's lives not ensuring their own salvation.

I have had Mormon friends. I watched a PBS show and they have a belief that their salvation is entwined with the salvation of their family members. But not jws.

jws go out thinking that none or very few of these non-jws are going to listen. And they don't care and their approach shows it. They view non-jws collectively as goats, especially if they reject that individual jw.

*** w50 1/15 p. 26 par. 23 Who Will Share in the Final Witness? ***The warning witness is indifferently brushed aside by millions who may not violently persecute but who merely fail to act upon it. That indifference is enough to class them as "goats".

*** w65 3/15 p. 176 par. 10 Our Own Twentieth-Century Generation and the Resurrection ***The undedicated children of goatish people will not be spared from execution and being sentenced to Gehenna just because they are themselves minor, unresponsible children.

*** w58 12/1 p. 717 Pursuing My Purpose in Life ***What made work harder at times (aside from some goatish people and the ones not interested) was interference by police and law officers.

*** w50 6/1 p. 176 Field Experience ***PREACHING DESPITE PHYSICAL HANDICAPWhile group witnessing in Pasadena, California, finding very little interest, I came to a house on the corner. A goatish woman at the door cared more for her religious fodder than for the bread of life

• ufo1
    ufo1

How true it is and very depressing as well trying to talk to them. My father once said to my mother and I, back when I was still in, that he wanted to call my nonJW sister every day and say goodbye because the big A might come and she would be killed. That was the very first time I started having doubts. He went from being a very upbeat positive person to a person who acted like a whiped puppy, so so sad.

• DavidAvid
    DavidAvid

Blondie - I read your posts with interest as they are usually balanced, well thought out, considerate and fair. I am a little disappointed that you go so far back to prove a point. Those references are soooooo old!

Do you think that as the 'light gets brighter' (lol) there is any value in referring to such dim flickering articles?

David

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i try to avoid any conversation with them, there are about 2 normal ones in my congo and we have a minute chat on sports

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit