Theocratic sleeping: have you seen anyone asleep at the KH? Or done it yourself?

by highdose 26 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I remember seeing lots of people falling asleep,at meetings and assemblys over the years..

Some even fell out of their chairs into the aisle and landed on the floor..

It`s great entertainment when your a kid..

............................ ...OUTLAW

• yknot
    yknot
    Deliberate public humiliation of another isn't my idea of funny. I can imagine the elder responsible for that has a bit of a sadistic streak. If he had served on the same elder body with my father he would have been "ripped a new one". What an asshole.

RN,

If your comment was directed toward my previous commentary...... I assure you that congregation is extremely loving and fun (unlike my boring, hateful full of doom and gloom KH)

. In fact falling asleep happens at least once every couple of months..... sometimes a bro/sis videos the waking and it goes viral in their circuit...... instead of being 'humiliated',the person receives 'snore-star' recognition.........

• oppostate
    oppostate

Yes, afternoon talks are the worst. I need a siesta right about that time.
    There are some brothers who will lull you to sleep on any subject.
    Being more conscious of the truth about the Watch Tower makes me
    want to sleep during meetings.
  • Open mind
    Open mind

Solid color silk ties, once drooled upon, will not release the mark regardless of cleaning method.

That's been my experience.

Not that I was actually asleep or anything. Just conducting a cleaning experiment.

om

• peaches
    peaches

yes,,,,,i did and noticed both....

• peaches
    peaches

yes,,,,,i did and noticed both....

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Ynot,

I would have told that wiseguy (out loud) that I didn't make any comment.

RN,

There was a nervy bro. many years ago who thought he would put people 'on the spot'. One Thursday night they had some part and needed a panel of sisters. So he demanded that I be one of the ones to get up on the podium. I said "NO" out loud. He was offended.

It isn't that I didn't like him it is just that I was tired and didn't look my best. But I couldn't help but feel it wasn't right he felt he could lay his hands on me and just jerk me out of my seat. I don't think anybody else would go for this sort of manipulation either. Is it just because we are female that we were supposed to put up with that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit