My last talk as a JW

by Hmmm 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

[Chairman] “Welcome to the Generic Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses. We have an excellent Watchtower study this morning. If we pay attention, we’ll see that we have some New Light on the exact dimensions of a cubit. Before that, however, we’ll enjoy a public discourse. We are privileged this morning to have a visiting speaker with us—-Brother Hmmm, from the Justanother Congregation. Brother Hmmm’s theme is ‘Christ’s parousia, how seen?’ with the subtitle of… uh… Watch Dateline?”

[Brother Hmmm nods to the Chairman]

“Uh, his theme is “Christ’s parousia, how seen: Watch Dateline.” Brother Hmmm.”

[The Chairman sits down, trying to burn the image of Sister Hot, who is sitting in the second row wearing a very low-cut dress, into his retinas]

“Before his ascension to heaven, Jesus Christ told his followers that he would return to them. This return, from the Greek parousia would not be in a physical sense, but instead refers to his “invisible presence,” and began in 1914.

Well, I sure hope this invisible presence was discerned by two people at the same time, otherwise it is invalid. This is in harmony with the principle that a matter is established at the mouths of two witnesses, which has apparently become a Universal principle, applicable to all times and circumstances.

Why do we say this? Well, it must apply to Christ’s return, if it applies to a situation like child molestation. That’s right, friends, unless you or your child has ever been the victim of a depraved brother or sister who gets his jollies abusing young girls and boys, you probably aren’t aware of this dirty little secret.

If a young child approaches the elders, claiming that she was abused by a Witness, the elders will first contact the Society’s legal department to see if they have to report the matter to the police. In states where these untrained men are not compelled to notify law enforcement, they will meet with the accused. If the molester denies the accusations, and there were not two witnesses to the same act the matter will be dropped. The word of the victim is not enough to even warrant a real investigation, and since authorities aren’t brought into the matter, there will likely be no “admissible” physical evidence.

So let’s take this to its horrible conclusion. A brother, who may even hold a position of respect and authority in this congregation, could molest your little girl one day, molest another little girl the next day, and if they both went to the elders it wouldn’t be good enough, unless he was foolish enough to let them witness each other’s abuse. To add insult to injury, you and your child will be told not to breathe a word of this to anyone else, on pain of disfellowshipping for slander!

It seems that “Jehovah’s Clean Organization” puts more value in its reputation than in the physical and emotional health of its children.

[Brother Hmmm walks off the stage and out of the building. The only sound is the startled clapping of one couple, their six-year-old daughter sitting between them.]

[Chairman: Great, what am I going to do for the next 39 minutes, before the Watchtower study starts?]

Hmmm

[Author's note. I wrote this in a semi-humerous and irreverant vein, but I understand that this is a very touchy subject. If anyone finds this post offensive, please email me and I'll edit or remove it.]

• mindfield
    mindfield

Hmmm,

True, your "talk" is touchy, but it's giving me ideas.

I won't be able to make another talk for a while, well, for a lifetime, but my brother, who is still "in", may be able to make a mind-blowing talk before his departure. I intend to write that talk for him.

Hehe...

• SYN
    SYN

Shit! I can just picture that happening in my ex-KH. Good Lord and all that.

The thing is, initially all attending would be shocked for a few minutes, then their WT programming would kick in and they would just forget about it, the same way an alcoholic forgets the worst bits of his binges because he simply doesn't want to remember.

And nobody would repeat what you had said anyway, so this is a rather pointless gesture.

"I see no good reasons why the views given in this volume should shock the religious sensibilities of anyone." -- Charles Darwin, The Origin Of Species, 1869.

• riz
    riz

Holy shnikes this is the funniest thread I've had the pleasure of reading in a looooooooong time.

Thanks to everyone contributing... I'm dying here

riz

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

Here’s one for the sisters.

[School Overseer] Next on the school is the number three talk, given by Sister Nolonger N. Doctrinated. Her householder is Sister Faith Filtadeth, a new sister from Finland. The material is taken from the Reasoning Book, page 162. The theme is “If Adam Had Not Sinned, Would He Eventually Have Gone to Heaven?” and her setting is a Laundromat.

[The sisters take the stage, each carrying a small basket of clothing]

Sister: “Hello, is this machine taken?”

Householder: “No, go right ahead.”

Sister: “Thank you.”

Householder: “Do you mind if I ask you a question?”

Sister: “Sure, what is it?

Householder: “Well, I usually like to discuss abstract, meaningless, philosophical questions while doing laundry, so I thought I’d ask: “If Adam had not sinned, would he eventually have gone to heaven?”

Sister: “I’m glad you asked that. Let’s use my basket of clothing as an example. You see that it is mostly full of white clothes, right?”

Householder: “Yes, but I see that there are a couple of red articles in there, as well.”

Sister: “Exactly. What would happen if I threw all these clothes into the washing machine and dumped in some bleach with it?”

Householder: “Why, the red clothes would ruin all the white clothes. I see what you’re saying. When Adam sinned he…”

Sister: “Now let me ask you something else, which do you think would contaminate the load more, this…” [holding up red T-shirt] “Or this…” [holds up scarlet-colored thongs for the audience to see]

Householder: [flipping through note cards nervously] “Uh…”

Sister: “You’d say that the T-shirt would be worse for the laundry, because it is larger, and contains more dye to run onto the white clothing, right?”

Householder: [whispering too loudly] “This isn’t in the outline you gave me.”

Sister: “It’s interesting because the Society, when laying out the blood-ban policy that millions of Witnesses would live—and possibly die by—used the size of the components to help determine whether they were acceptable or not.”

Householder: “Really?”

Sister: [Holding aloft red T-shirt] “They now allow some components, like albumin, which makes up about 2.2% of the total blood volume. But they forbid other components, like platelets, even though they’re much smaller, by volume (only 0.17%) than albumin.”

[Sister Doctrinated is now whirling the red thongs over her head for the audience to see]

Pre-pubescent brother in the audience: “Oh Heavenly Father. I’m in love.”

Sister: “Would you leave a life-and-death decision like this up to a group of men who make and change their policies based on whim… who use no discernable form of logic, and certainly no Spiritual Inspiration, to decide your fate?”

Householder: “You know, I never thought of it like that”

Sister: “Next week maybe we can meet again and discuss how loving it is to shun family members who come to disagree with policies like this.”

Householder: “I’d like that.”

School Overseer: “Sister, you were working on ‘audience contact, and use of notes.’ I’m going to mark you “G” on that…”

Hmmm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit