Help with

by restrangled 21 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

Ynot...I had to laugh....I'd love to take a good long soak, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna do it where the guys have been showering, and where I have washed big 100 pound male Doberman dogs, (I don't care how much bleach is involved)! I haven't been able to take a bath in 15 years....it would probably do me a lot of good but somehow, I just can't bring my self to even consider soaking where all that activity has occured. There

is another bathroom with a separate shower, but no tub.

Everyone, It's just been one of those days, especially after enjoying the company of a Niece. She left early this morning and all day it has been building up about not having enough female company. I need to move on and take up some of the things I want to accomplish.

One of which is playing the guitar.....I still don't know what one to purchase. So if anyone has some advice I'd appreciate it. (Acoustic guitar)

Other than that, we all move on the best we can. It's what I'm trying to do, but some days are tougher than others and as my good friends above have stated......the testosterone can get pretty tiresome.

Sometimes girls just need to be with girls~

r.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest restrangled... may you have peace!

I don't know what kind of time you have, but I am gonna go out on an oh-so-NOT-WTBTS and ask... have you considered mentoring a [young] lady (perhaps a single mom)... or volunteering (perhaps at your local senoir center, womens' shelter, homeless family shelter, [high] school, Boys/Girls Club, etc.)?

I always wondered, when I was in the Organization... why it is that "we" didn't do any kind of community service (yes, I know - in their opinion, field service is "community service" - yeah, right...). I was told once that "we" didn't because "we" were supposed to be "no part of the world," and that doing such activities would put in at risk of being... well... "contaminated" by "the world." But I always looked at differently: if God WAS for/with us... who could be AGAINST us and so wouldn't it work just the opposite? Wouldn't "the world" see our good works and WANT to be a part of "us"? I never could reconcile that kind of... well, IMHO... selfishness.

Nothing you have to commit (long-term) to, but perhaps YOU could be of benefit to some other woman... as well as benefit from aiding her (even if that means just being a listening ear).

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

Anyway... just a thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit