Why Will the WT Ultimately Fail

by Kum Vulcan 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Kum Vulcan
    Kum Vulcan

I see two compelling reasons right off the bat:

1. Financial - This one is a bit counterintuitive, as we all know the WTB$ is loaded. But if we could see real preaching stats by territory, I bet my ass that the most return visits are in the western/developed countries. WT will tell you that there is the greatest number of publishers and they are of course concerned with the survival of as many people as possible.

Bull$hit.

This is where the most donations are coming from. I can guarantee you that the moment a door gets slammed in their face by a non-believer is the moment a publisher mentally writes off that person. Yes they go back but not out of love; they have to keep up with FS hours and this is the territory the Borg has assigned to them. End of story. I've heard reliable stories where publishers "reserve" the nice homes of non-believers after field service for after the big-A.

So, are we saying that the millions/billions of people in developing or third world countries are les valuable or don't deserve to be visited repeatedly for their salvations sake? Of course not! They just don't have any money to donate. I think the whole charade with worldwide expansion is a tactic very similar to the lost leader tactic in sales. There is no doubt in my mind that the WT is at a loss (financially) in these places and only uses the membership there to feed the R&F in developed countries growth and success stories in order to guilt them into more slave labor and squeeze as much as they can out of them. The growth worldwide is composed of the expansion in unsuspecting (ehem NEW) lands and at the same time under minded by the deteriorating numbers in places sick of the WT 's crap. How long can this growth remain in the black? We'll see, I hope not too long ..

This can't sit well for too long with an increasingly informed, more educated, younger R&F flock. The constant shift of major doctrine and playing God with family and health issues will eventually get "Millions who live now, to leave the f#$% out and never come back". Which means less donations, more panic, tighter control for remaining members more aggravation for such and eventually a downward organizational tailspin.

2. Publishing Media - The WT's distinct MO is brainwashing (err.. preaching) through their own printed rags. But, we have a problem, Houston. Printed media is increasingly viewed as wasteful, harmful to the environment, slow, expensive and too cumbersome to produce. For as long as there are older generation publishers who pay for it, I guess the presses will roll. But eventually you'd have a hard time convincing a Gen X or Y person to buy a printed newspaper. True, classic books, like the bible and different aids will be OK for now, but the periodicals on paper are doomed.

And the boys in Brooklyn know it! BUT... they have a dilemma..

It would be fairly painless to switch to paperless periodicals. The public's sentiment not only internal to the Org but in general is receptive. Waive the Green (no pun intended) card in their face, make them feel good about "helping the environment" and they will take PDF over paper.

HOWEVER, the method of delivery is through the most dangerous of them mediums at all: THE INTERNET.

How do you keep one to strictly looking up/downloading your vomit and not looking at opposing views. Yes "Crisis of Conscience" in a paper copy can be dangerous too, but the ease, speed and sheer volume of information the internet afford is going to be devastating. Scare tactics and threats can go only so far.

I think Crooklyn is testing the waters for going hip (in the name of member retention and their own survival of course) and now trying set the ground rules for access.

Only time will show how right/wrong I am. Yet, I hope for the best .

Oh, and my rambling is neither Spirit Directed nor Inspired, take it for what is worth. Also, it constitutes is by no means a comprehensive list; please add or correct me as you see fit.

-KV

• dgp
    dgp

Marked for reflection and later comment.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More
    "Millions who live now, to leave the f#$% out and never come back". "The WT's distinct MO is brainwashing (err.. preaching) through their own printed rags. But, we have a problem, Houston."

Ok, those two points were just priceless! ROFLAO! I love your thinking and rambling. I believe you are on the right track, holy spirit or no...praise God!

• moshe
    moshe

I don't think the WT will completely fold up. Can you name one religion of any size - over 1 million people- that has gone out of business? Even Herbert Armstrong's, Worldwide Church of God is still in business- smaller, but still around and several splinter groups are contenders for the title of the true WW church of God. The WT business model will be changed- meetings, field service, literature, it will survive and diehard JW's will continue to soldier on - following that carrot of " eternal life on a paradise earth" that is continually just around the corner. My hope is that two things happen- the blood transfusion ban is completely dropped and shunning is done away with. When that happens, the JW's will no longer be of any interest to me.

• BackRoomBilly
    BackRoomBilly

I am not a biblical scholar nor do I claim to understand the teaching of the WTS beyond the basics. When I see a thread like this one my heart fills with gladness and hope. I know that some JWs will remain out of tradition or familiarity but I want the big "I told you so" as much as they do. More than that, I just want my younger brother back.

Years ago I told to my mother, "you know the whole thing is a crock of ****" and she responded, "it doesn't matter, It works for me". I wonder if she would walk off a cliff. I wonder how many of them would.

• JWoods
    JWoods

I think that they will marginalize themselves in developed nations fairly soon...that seems to be happening now.

They will, of course still be in existence for years as a low-income, third world secondary religion.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I agree that changing the blood transfusion and shunning rules would be welcomed. But as for the WTS folding, no I do not see that as happening. It is funny that the WTS claims that all religions will be destroyed by the governments. But even the Russian Orthodox church did not collapse under USSR communism.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    I agree that changing the blood transfusion and shunning rules would be welcomed.

But it could also be an effective element in causing their failure. I am not sure that these rules can ever be changed by them now.

They may have their main body so brainwashed for these rules that they could never accept this major of a change.

• Terry
    Terry

The Watchtower Society is a success at being a failure and that is good enough to extend its life in perpetuity.

It appears to be about informing people and yet its books and publications are rambling corkscrew tomes both boring and bland.

It appears to be about a new kind of society that flourished on love and truth and yet you can't get meaningful help in a jam and you

have to swallow each twisted back-tracked change in doctrine without protest or be kicked out.

It appears to be about purity of worship and yet it turns members into contrarian misfits who look down on normal society as deviant while driving off its youngest members by turning them into laughing stocks among their peers.

Failure after failure after failure and yet....they prosper!

Selling buildings and flipping them for cash will keep them awash in cash forever.

The real game is power and control and they can't fail at that because the membership consists of PEOPLE WHO CRAVE BEING TOLD WHAT TO DO AND HOW TO THINK who are themselves failures at life.

See the irony?

Failures are attracted to successful failure! It is a creepy symbiosis!

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

They may have their main body so brainwashed for these rules that they could never accept this major of a change.

They are brainwashed to beleive and accept anything the WT says, bro. Hell, the generation change will barely make a ripple. I got my wife and some of our friends to admit the whole beard thing completely unsriptural and going beyond what was written and their answer was "it's just a good sign of who wants to leave because they don't love god". Seriously, having a beard means you don't get down with the jesus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit