Are There Any Words That You Have A Hard Time Pronouncing or Spelling?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I always have a hard time saying entrepreneur.

Are there any words or phrases that get you tongue tied?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Vulnerable gets me tied-tongued every time!

Sylvia

• White Dove
    White Dove

Roar is difficult because of the two R's in it.

Mayonaise can't spell it, either. I say it: man-aze like I thought everyone else said it, too. Mom's always correcting and laughing at me for getting it wrong. She says it's not MAN aze, it's may-ah-naze.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Sovereignty. It was in the Watchtower so much at one point and I kept saying "sovereign-tree". Freudian slip, maybe?

I used to love those brothers reading the Watchgtower who kept saying "orgasm" for organism, though. It sure made the meeting a lot less boring.

We had one brother who always said, "menstrual" for ministerial, too. I liked him a lot...he kept me from falling asleep.

• minimus
    minimus

There are a lot of words that are difficult to spell.

White Dove, just say mayo.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I don't have trouble spelling because I have an photographic eidetic memory.

Sylvia

• A.Fenderson
    A.Fenderson

I can never seem to pronounce "rural" in a way that doesn't sound retarded to me, but no one else ever complains.

I also get pink and yellow mixed up and sometimes say the wrong one--not really what you're asking, but thought I'd share.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I have to be sober and wide awake to be able to say author - otherwise it's arthur every time.

• miseryloveselders
  • sir82
    sir82

Yikes, is this the most interesting question you could come up with?

Suggestions for future topics:

What is your favorite 4 syllable word?

When you wash your silverware, do you prefer to wash all the forks at the same time, or not?

Do you prefer even numbers, or odd?

just yankin' your chain....but still...."hard to spell words"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit