Armageddon: Coming April 23rd (or sooner)

by Shepherd Book 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

Article I wrote for Minnesota Atheists, discussing the Witnesses' enduring insistence that Armageddon is "just around the corner:"

Click this

(If that clickable link doesn't work, it's here: http://mnatheists.org/content/view/434/1/)

• Heaven
    Heaven

Ah crap! That's a Friday. It's gonna mess up my weekend.

So are you going to reply back to your uncle with that email asking where Armageddon is, say, Saturday morning?

• dgp
    dgp

I'll use all the balance left on my credit cards. Anyways, I won't have to pay it back, right?

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

Not sure if I'm gonna respond to him yet. It's been THREE YEARS! I heard from him once since then, he accidentally called me (thought he was calling my dad). We had a polite, albeit brief, conversation.

The thing is, I'm not sure what I'd say to him. If I say: "Look, it's been three years and the new system still isn't here." He'll just say, "Yeah, but at least I stayed on the watch. No man knows the hour; we have to stay in expectation of it..."

• cantleave
    cantleave

I won't hold my breath.

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

Oh! that means if i commit a sin and I'm summoned to attend a JC 6 days before the 23rd, i can still survive Armageddon on technicality if i decide to appeal a DF judgement, because the End would have come before the end of the 7 day window period.

That's something!

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

So what will happen after the 23rd of April has come and gone?

ooh! I know, new light on another date, again!!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Here's a video that's just a tad off-topic, but hilarious anyway!!

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGrWzVRduQk&playnext_from=TL&videos=mHvp2X7l0ZY

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

All throughout history there have been regime changes, religious shake-ups, etc. Nothing stays the same forever.

I see some major changes coming on the horizon. But do I think the earth will open up and swallow all non JWs?

No. The "earthquake" is a metaphor for great changes that are coming. The mountains being moved out of their places represents the powers that have towered over us will go through a great upheaval.

On one hand you are told that Armageddon is the end of false religion, but then you are shown scary pictures of people in disastrous situations. This is conflicting information, and the WT is famous for that.

If Armageddon is the end of false religion, the WT knows its demise is on the way.

That last trumpet is not a musical instrument. It is our collective voices. We will crack the walls of this Jericho and it will end!

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Did someone call my name. Oh, sorry. (backs away slowly)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit