random thought/pondering

by ana_dote 28 Replies latest jw friends

• ana_dote
    ana_dote

First off, I just wanna say that I don't know how I feel about God, the bible, etc. I'm in a major state of confusion, as I'm just newly out of the organization and coming to realize all the lies. This has led to me questioning EVERYTHING.

So the other day I was talking with a friend and had this interesting thought (I'll try to explain it as clear as possible without rambling or talking in circles and muddying up the concept lol)

Bottom line: God created sin.

Reason for saying this: While God created us with free will and wanted us to love him and serve him by choice, why did he feel the need to TEST humans by placing that forbidden tree in the garden of Eden? What was the purpose of the tree? To prove their loyalty? Or to tempt them? Why was such "proof" of loyalty necessary if at that point in time EVERYONE was perfect?

Now, granted, I haven't done the research yet (and can't recall from my memory) to find out specifically when Satan "came into existence" in relation to Adam and Eve/the forbidden tree. If he didn't change into this power-hungry devil until after humans were created, then there would have been NO LOGICAL REASON for the forbidden tree (other than to test/tempt humans without a basis to distrust them in the first place). If Satan came into existence before they were created, then I could understand the concept of the tree; HOWEVER, it still does not make any sense if Jehovah is a loving God that wants his creatures to serve him out of love and also have free will.

Wikipedia (I know, it's a shady source to base info on lol) says: in the religious realm, free will implies that an omnipotent divinity does not assert its power over individual will and choices.

If God gave us free will, why should he punish us (assert his power) for exercising it? Why would he set us up for failure by placing a "temptation" or "bad thing" in our midst to test us? At the very LEAST it's just rude/mean to do that to humans.

Example: Placing a dish full of candy in front of a child and telling him he should not and cannot have any of it ever or he will be punished. The kid MIGHT be able to resist taking any....but what is it going to do to the child psychologically? They're going to wonder why they can't have it, why are they being tortured and tempted, why is mommy/daddy being mean, what did they do wrong to deserve such an unusual situation? The placing of that temptation in front of them is a punishment/torture/torment in and of itself. Add to that the concept of the parent saying "you cannot have this or you will be punished....but it is YOUR choice whether or not to have any". Why give the child the illusion of power by saying it's their choice, when they know they don't HAVE a choice because they will be punished for making their own decision.

If God "IS love" and wants us to worship him out of love....it doesn't seem such a loving thing to do to create something wonderful and tell us we cannot have it. If he is "satisfying the desire of every living thing", why would he create an opportunity for there to be a gap between desire and fulfillment with such a "forbidden" tree?

I think I'll stop there before I keep rambling lol.....anybody have any thoughts on this? I'm not trying to start any heated debates or anything, it was just an interesting thought I had.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If God "IS love" and wants us to worship him out of love....it doesn't seem such a loving thing to do to create something wonderful and tell us we cannot have it. If he is "satisfying the desire of every living thing", why would he create an opportunity for there to be a gap between desire and fulfillment with such a "forbidden" tree?

Good ramblings. Yes, is it really satisfying their desires to give kids some good tasting food, but to tell them there is candy or ice cream in the fridge that they just cannot ever taste? It's a taunt.

Here's some more thought: If Adam and Eve did not have the knowledge of good and evil, then they really were tested unfairly.

• ana_dote
    ana_dote

ooh!! good point!! thank you :-)

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Ana_dote... may you have peace! And may I respond? Thank you!

Bottom line: God created sin.

Unfortunately, your thought is false... and a lie (which isn't surprising, considering from whom it originates). I will explain below.

While God created us with free will and wanted us to love him and serve him by choice, why did he feel the need to TEST humans by placing that forbidden tree in the garden of Eden?

He didn't "test" anyone, certainly not Adam and Eve...

What was the purpose of the tree? To prove their loyalty? Or to tempt them?

No, neither. At some point Adam and Eve WOULD have been granted to eat from the Tree... just as at some point those who belong to Christ will eat of it. But they were not "ready"... again, I will explain below...

Why was such "proof" of loyalty necessary if at that point in time EVERYONE was perfect?

You assume loyalty was the purpose... because that is what the WTBTS teaches. However, loyalty was NOT the issue at all. Indeed, there was no issue, until just before Adam and Eve ate.

Now, granted, I haven't done the research yet (and can't recall from my memory) to find out specifically when Satan "came into existence" in relation to Adam and Eve/the forbidden tree. If he didn't change into this power-hungry devil until after humans were created, then there would have been NO LOGICAL REASON for the forbidden tree (other than to test/tempt humans without a basis to distrust them in the first place).

What was "in" Satan to make him "power-hungry" existed BEFORE the garden was planted and Adam was placed in it. And it was what was "in" Adam and Eve... their DESIRE... that caused them to eat. The Adversary simply exploited that desire. As he tried to do (and usually succeeds) with most of earthling man.

If Satan came into existence before they were created, then I could understand the concept of the tree; HOWEVER, it still does not make any sense if Jehovah is a loving God that wants his creatures to serve him out of love and also have free will.

The being who came to be KNOWN as "Satan" did exist, long before even the physical realm was created. He was placed IN the garden... to protect it and the man and woman. From what? Their enemies in the spirit realm. Unfortunately, he jumped sides...

Wikipedia (I know, it's a shady source to base info on lol) says: in the religious realm, free will implies that an omnipotent divinity does not assert its power over individual will and choices.

That's a good way to say it...

If God gave us free will, why should he punish us (assert his power) for exercising it? Why would he set us up for failure by placing a "temptation" or "bad thing" in our midst to test us? At the very LEAST it's just rude/mean to do that to humans.

Okay, here is where I will explain. The first error in your premise is that God planted the Tree of the Knowwledge of Good and Bad to test Adam and Eve. He did not. He placed it there for two reasons: first, so that IF the need came for Adam and/or Eve to die... there was a mechanism to accomplish that. Second, and most important, because at one point they would have advanced to the point of being able TO eat from that tree... and NOT die.

The MYTH is that God planted the Tree and then told Adam/Eve "IF you eat from it, you will die... because I will kill you." This is NOT what happened. The Most Holy One of Israel WARNED them not to eat of it BECAUSE if they DID... they would die. Satan, however, tricked Eve. He told her that if she DID eat, she not only WOULDN'T die... but become LIKE God... KNOWING good (i.e., life)... AND bad (i.e., death). God knew good AND bad. He knew both life AND death... yet, He lived.

Adam knew, however, that if he ate he would die... UNLESS... he had "authority" to eat... and not remain dead (i.e., KNOW death, but yet live). But God had not given him that authority and so he needed to get it from someone else. And so... he made a DEAL... with DEATH... through Satan. He bargained that, in exchange for all of his progency (i.e., descendants) whom he would give to Death... he should be granted to eat... know death... and yet live. In this, then, he would be LIKE God... knowing good (i.e., life which he did know already) AND knowing bad (i.e., death, which he did NOT know)... and still LIVE.

He wanted what the Christ received: knowing life AND death... and yet, living.

Well, since Satan is a liar... Adam didn't get what he bargained for. True, Death now has custody of all of his progeny (which is WHY Christ gave HIS life - to buy us BACK... FROM Death)... BUT... Adam did NOT know death... and yet live. He died. Albeit, not right away... but he began to "know" death... through sickness, aging, and ultimately his body returning to the earth and his spirit to God to sleep.

The Most Holy One of Israel told Adam the TRUTH, that IF he ate... he WOULD die. That is exactly what happened.

If God "IS love" and wants us to worship him out of love....it doesn't seem such a loving thing to do to create something wonderful and tell us we cannot have it.

Your perception is deficient: God did NOT tell Adam and Eve they couldn't have it. He told them that IF they had it they would die. It is the SAME thing as when, for example, a parent creates some machine... say, a car... and then tells his child "No, you can't drive it." The car IS wonderful... but the child is not READY to operate it, yet, and can in fact kill himself... and/or someone else. Just because somehthing IS "wonderful" doesn't mean all should have access to it. Certainly, you understand that.

If he is "satisfying the desire of every living thing", why would he create an opportunity for there to be a gap between desire and fulfillment with such a "forbidden" tree?

There was no gap; Adam and Eve WOULD have been able to eat from that Tree at some point. BEFORE that point, however, the Most Holy One of Israel had to make sure that IF they ate they WOULDN'T die. Since they were young... SPIRITUALLY... they would have died... and did die. What would have STOPPED such death? Eating from the Tree of LIFE... which was ALSO in the garden (and I marvel that SO many miss THIS truth, yet focus so intently on the existence of the OTHER tree. Very curious!).

They could eat ALL THEY WANTED from this other tree, the Tree of Life. There was absolutely NO warning against it. And, so long as they ate FROM that Tree (of Life)... they lived. Indeed, they would have lived forever. That is why they were cast out and cut OFF from THAT Tree... so that they could not get back in and undo the effects of the Tree of Kknowledge.

Why not let them back in to eat and reverse the results of eating from the wrong tree? Because by their choice, they showed themselves able to be easily persuaded by God's enemy, Death, even to the point of selling their own children to that spirit! If, then, they ate from the Tree of Life and DID live forever... how long before they attempted to overthrow the kingdom of God? I mean, wasn't Adam's purpose FOR eating to "be LIKE God"?

Had they waited, however, and listened to the Most Holy One of Israel... and let Him build them up and strengthen them SPIRITUALLY... which He would have accomplished by allowing them to eat freely from the Tree of Llife (which is the Tree that spirit beings eat from TO live indefinitely)... then at some point they COULD have eating from the Tree of Knowledge... and although they might come to know "bad" (i.e., death), they WOULD have lived! Because DEATH... would have had NO hold on them.

The ISSUE then is that, per Satan, the Most Holy One of Israel was WITHHOLDING something from them... something they SHOULD have access to. Which was a lie. The Most Holy One of Israel was PROTECTING them... from their enemy... death. Satan is the one who led them... and all of their descendant's... right into death's hand.

I think I'll stop there before I keep rambling lol.....anybody have any thoughts on this?

I do. In addition to what I've responded above, I would ask YOU to give the Most Holy One of Israel the same BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT... that some of us apparently are SO ready to give to Satan and Death. Truly, it amazes me. Rather than thinking, "Okay, if God IS love... where IS the love in what occurred?"... we so readily wish to jump to the SAME erroneous and false conclusion that Adam did: God isn't really concerned about us at all, but just doesn't want us to have something HE has... and WE are 'entitled' to." Which is total melarkey... and a lie. And once perpetuated by the Adversary, Satan... apparently for you (given your conclusion) just as for Adam.

I'm not trying to start any heated debates or anything, it was just an interesting thought I had.

But you cannot falsely accuse someone and expect that absolutely NO ONE will step forward to share the truth, can you? Then again, given earthling man's tendency to be self-serving... and so willing to run and hide to save his own skin, rather than stand up in loyalty for a brother, whom they have seen, if it potentially means their own death... or ridicule... I can no longer be surprised that they won't do it for the Most Holy One of Israel. I WILL, however, stand in the gap... and state the truth. I mean, good Lordy, someone has to...)

If Adam and Eve did not have the knowledge of good and evil, then they really were tested unfairly.

Again, dear OTWO (and peace to you!)... they weren't being tested... but protected. They didn't NEED to know "bad"... GOOD (i.e., life) SHOULD have been enough for them. Unfortunately, as the drama bears out... it wasn't. To their detriment... and, sadly, ours.

Again, I bid you both peace.

A slave of Christ, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, who is Son and Christ of God, who is the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies... which Son IS the Tree of Life planted by God from which ALL who wish to live forever MUST eat. Because it is HIS flesh (the "leaves" of the Tree) that is for the CURING of the nations... and his blood (holy spirit, which is LIVING water)... that cleanses us so that we can put on the INcorruptible... the white "robe"... that is the SPIRIT body.

SA

• ana_dote
    ana_dote

AGuest - I do appreciate your response and will overlook your accusation that I am a "liar". My intent was not to purposely spread false information. When I made the statement that God created sin, it was merely the simpler way of stating my pattern of thinking that was in the form of pondering and questioning. I did not say that this is what I definitely believed and therefore so should everyone else.

I have some follow-up questions for you that I merely ask out of sincere curiosity:

"At some point Adam and Eve WOULD have been granted to eat from the Tree." - What possible evidence is there to this supposed fact? There is nothing about it in the actual Bible, so where did you get this information?

"What was "in" Satan to make him "power-hungry" existed BEFORE the garden was planted and Adam was placed in it..." "The being who came to be KNOWN as "Satan" did exist, long before even the physical realm was created. He was placed IN the garden... to protect it and the man and woman. From what? Their enemies in the spirit realm. Unfortunately, he jumped sides..." - the only thing IN (pre)Satan was free will. Who were the "enemies in the spirit realm"? You are insinuating a ying/yang theory of there being good and evil inherent in existance. It has been said that God existed before all other things and that he created ALL things. Yet, there is noto supposed to be evil in God. Therefore, if God created all things where did the evil come from, if not from God? I personally do not wish to say that God is evil, as I do not believe that at all. But that is the conclusion you are causing me to reach based on these comments of there being an unspoken enemy/evil force in existance before this angel turned himself into an opposer of God. Could you please explain this further? (also giving the background as to where you obtained this insight?)

"He placed it there for two reasons: first, so that IF the need came for Adam and/or Eve to die... there was a mechanism to accomplish that. Second, and most important, because at one point they would have advanced to the point of being able TO eat from that tree... and NOT die. " - if the NEED came for them to die? Wasn't their purpose to fill the earth, subdue it and live forever in peace? It seems a bit of a "doubting thomas" move to have a symbolic pre-nuptual. Did God really doubt his creation that much? Also, even if there was a "need" for them to die, why did God need a mechanism? All throughout scriptural history, there were accounts where he was able to eradicate entire groups of people without an already present mechanism. He made it rain fire to consume, caused the earth to open up and swallow, made the seas come crashing down, and flooded the earth. He didn't need a pre-set mechanism for accomplishing his purpose. And again, I am wondering where you're getting the opinion that they would have advanced to the point of being able to eat from the tree. God never said that. And while he may have only said 'this is what will happen IF you eat...' and not 'DO NOT eat...', it doesn't change the fact that they weren't supposed to have it.

"Just because somehthing IS "wonderful" doesn't mean all should have access to it. Certainly, you understand that." - Good point. I do understand that. But it doesn't quell my curiosity as to the specifics of how everything came about.

"Had they waited, however, and listened to the Most Holy One of Israel... and let Him build them up and strengthen them SPIRITUALLY... which He would have accomplished by allowing them to eat freely from the Tree of Llife (which is the Tree that spirit beings eat from TO live indefinitely)... then at some point they COULD have eating from the Tree of Knowledge..." - again, what is your source for this?

"I would ask YOU to give the Most Holy One of Israel the same BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT... that some of us apparently are SO ready to give to Satan and Death. Truly, it amazes me. Rather than thinking, "Okay, if God IS love... where IS the love in what occurred?"... we so readily wish to jump to the SAME erroneous and false conclusion that Adam did: God isn't really concerned about us at all, but just doesn't want us to have something HE has... and WE are 'entitled' to." Which is total melarkey... and a lie. And once perpetuated by the Adversary, Satan... apparently for you (given your conclusion) just as for Adam." - while I understand your being upset, I don't give Satan and Death "the benefit of the doubt". I do not in any way support their false teachings. I find it somewhat unpleasantly familiar, though, that you apparently feel that no one is allowed to question God. Even faithful men in the Bible questioned God directly and were allowed to do so, even persuading God to make adjustments to his decided course of action. I do not wish to say that God is evil and if you look at the context of what I wrote, I wasn't actually saying that God definitely 100% DID create sin. I said that it was a pondering/thought. I have reached no conclusions as to what I believe. And even if I DID determine that I believed God to have created sin, isn't that my "God-given" free will to do so? It does not put you in a position to judge me as a liar to believe what I am resigned to believe based on the information I have gathered.

And again, as you pointed out to OTWO, I still don't understand what they were being "protected" from.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    AGuest - I do appreciate your response and will overlook your accusation that I am a "liar".

My SINCERE apologies, dear Ana_dote... and the greatest of love and peace to you! I did not mean to imply that YOU were a liar... but that the THOUGHT was a lie... and from whom it originated. You think that you came to that thought all on your own. You did not, dear one. It was given to you.

My intent was not to purposely spread false information.

Yes, I absolutely understand that that was not YOUR intent. However, I wish for YOU to understand that is was... and IS... the intent of another. To help you understand this, please recall, if you can, how my Lord addressed Peter when Peter tried to talk him out of offering up his life. He knew it wasn't Peter who was speaking, and so he did not tell PETER to "get behind" him. He addressed the one who was using Peter.

When I made the statement that God created sin, it was merely the simpler way of stating my pattern of thinking that was in the form of pondering and questioning. I did not say that this is what I definitely believed and therefore so should everyone else.

No, of course. Although, your statement that "Bottom line: God created sin" COULD have led someone to believe that. But I knew it wasn't coming from you. Because I know from whom such lies originate.

I have some follow-up questions for you that I merely ask out of sincere curiosity:

Absolutely, and I will respond as I am permitted...

"At some point Adam and Eve WOULD have been granted to eat from the Tree." - What possible evidence is there to this supposed fact? There is nothing about it in the actual Bible, so where did you get this information?

I have two responses for you, dear one. The first is something that I received from my Lord and have learned to be absolutely true. And that is his words to me that "All things I tell you are written [but not necessarily in the Bible] but not all things that are written [including in the Bible] are what I will tell you."

The second is that the time will come when death... will be NO MORE. And so that Tree will no longer have its power (to give one the knowledge of death (bad). Will the Tree disappear? Why? Since it will no longer be a threat, why remove it? If there is NO death... there is NO bad... and therefore, no KNOWLEDGE of bad... or death. The Tree will, rather, be rendered impotent and harmless.

the only thing IN (pre)Satan was free will.

I must disagree. Since you seem to have some faith in what's contained in the Bible, I offer you Ezekiel 28:12-17:

" 'You were the model of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.

13 You were in Eden,
    the garden of God;
    every precious stone adorned you:
    ruby, topaz and emerald,
    chrysolite, onyx and jasper,
    sapphire, turquoise and beryl.
    Your settings and mountings were made of gold;
    on the day you were created they were prepared.

14 You were anointed as a guardian cherub,
    for so I ordained you.
    You were on the holy mount of God;
    you walked among the fiery stones.

15You were blameless in your ways
    from the day you were created

till wickedness was found in you.

16 Through your widespread trade
    you were filled with violence,
    and you sinned.
    So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God,
    and I expelled you, O guardian cherub,
    from among the fiery stones.

17Your heart became proud
    on account of your beauty,
    and you corrupted your wisdom
    because of your splendor
    So I threw you to the earth;..."

Who were the "enemies in the spirit realm"? You are insinuating a ying/yang theory of there being good and evil inherent in existance.

I am referring to the wicked spirit forces... certain "princes" (i.e., those who have dominion over "principalities" - and thus are called "princes" so that my Lord is the Prince... of princes...) who exist in the spirit realm. Those who fought with the Adversary (against Michael) and so were thrown down to the with him were from among them. Death... is the "last" enemy.

It has been said that God existed before all other things and that he created ALL things.

It has been said. There are a couple/few things that He didn't create, however. The Darkness (Death) was one of them. Life (God) and death existed together. Christ was not created... but born (something created comes out of nothing; something born comes out of something):

" 2 Now the earth proved to be formless and waste and there was darkness upon the surface of [the] watery deep; and God’s active force was moving to and fro over the surface of the waters. 3 And God proceeded to say: “Let light come to be.” Then there came to be light. 4 After that God saw that the light was good, and God brought about a division between the light and the darkness. 5 And God began calling the light Day, but the darkness he called Night. And there came to be evening and there came to be morning, a first day." Genesis 1:2-5

Notice: the darkness was not created; it was already there. The light was brought forth by God. God brought a division between the light and the darkness... with the light being called Day and the darkness Night. This is NOT the day and night that we know as a result of the sun and moon, for those luminaries did not even come into existence until the three days later. Do we know what... or rather WHO... this light/Day and darkness/night was/is? We do:

Taking the light first:

"What has come into existence 4 by means of him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light is shining in the darkness, but the darkness has not overpowered it. 6 There arose a man that was sent forth as a representative of God: his name was John. 7 This [man] came for a witness, in order to bear witness about the light, that people of all sorts might believe through him. 8 He was not that light, but he was meant to bear witness about that light. 9 The true light that gives light to every sort of man was about to come into the world. 10 He was in the world, and the world came into existence through him, but the world did not know him. 11 He came to his own home, but his own people did not take him in. 12 However, as many as did receive him, to them he gave authority to become God’s children, because they were exercising faith in his name; 13 and they were born, not from blood or from a fleshly will or from man’s will, but from God." John 1:3-12

and...

" 12 Therefore [Jesus] spoke again to them, saying: “I am the light of the world. He that follows me will by no means walk in darkness, but will possess the light of life.”

The darkness, however, is NOT the nighttime, the hours between dusk and dawn. It is the result of the "shadow"... of death... and since there are just way too many scriptures to post, I will leave you to look that up. Note those, without life... there is only death. Without light, there is only darkness. Christ is the Life (John 14:6)... and so before HE existed... death existed. And he is the Light (John 8:11) so that before HE existed... darkness existed. Since he is the Firstborn of creation... darkness... or death... existed before him. Yet, it was neither born... or created. (And for those who wish to refer to Isaiah 45:7, the word of my Lord is that his is another example of the false stylus of the scribes, who believed, as did initially the man Job... that the Most Holy One of Israel was responsible for both good and evil. He is not. He cannot be. God is love and evil is against the very nature of love.)

Yet, there is not supposed to be evil in God.

Yes, please see above.

Therefore, if God created all things where did the evil come from, if not from God?

God created all things that were created. Death was not created and death... is evil. "Bad". The "bad" that Adam and Eve wanted to "know." (Which is why some Bible versions say the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and EVIL... vs. the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and BAD). Evil = bad = death. Bad = death = evil. Death = evil = bad. The three are synonymous.

Through Adam... sin entered the (physical) world... and through sin... death (i.e., evil, bad). Thus, evil came into THIS (the physical) world... through Adam. It did not exist here before that. However, death did exist in the spirit realm before it entered into the physical realm. The difference is that in that realm... it had no sustainable power over anyone. Spirit beings do not die - unlike flesh, which dies, spirits must be destroyed.

I personally do not wish to say that God is evil, as I do not believe that at all. But that is the conclusion you are causing me to reach based on these comments of there being an unspoken enemy/evil force in existance before this angel turned himself into an opposer of God. Could you please explain this further?

Yes. Before God created earthling man (adham)... there were a myriad of spirit beings that existed. They existed before the physical creation came into existence. They, too, were created with free will (because God is LOVE... and so wants any who serve Him to do so OUT of love... and not out of compulsion by Him). Unfortunately, that free will has resulted in a great power struggle. It started before the creation of man, but became manifest in the Garden of Eden.

Earthling man... humans... are also spirit beings. They are the "seed" of the Woman with whom the Most Holy One of Israel produced His Son, Christ. That seed was destined to inherit God's kingdom along with the Son. Unfortunately, before that seed could be "born"... enemies in the spirit realm vowed to destroy it. Why? Because they want possession of the kingdom... "and all its glory." So, the Most Holy One of Israel created the physical world as a place to hide the seed (that is why the words regarding God's creating the earth are literally translated as "the throwing down of the seed"). To hide them, God formed Adam and Eve and put that seed in them... until such time as He could "fertilize" that seed with HIS seed. That is why Paul spoke of us as "treasures hidden in earthen vessels." Unfortunately, Adam sold that seed to God's number one enemy - Death.

To repurchase that seed, God gave His only-begotten Son (the seed had not yet been "begotten") as a ransom. His life in exchange for the seed. Death took that offer, thinking it would be able to hold Christ for eternity; however, he could not. God gave my Lord the "keys" to Death... and the world of the dead... so that my Lord would not remain captive... but could and did return to the living. Soon after, Christ returned to the spirit realm where the first thing he did was have Satan... and those other enemy spirits... cast out. After that... Satan, who was cast OUT of the spirit realm and into a psuedo-physical state... went out to wage war with the remaining ones of the seed (those who have not died)... which war he is waging to this day.

That is what Paul meant when he wrote:

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, authorities, and powers of the darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." Ephesians 6:12

(also giving the background as to where you obtained this insight?)

Well, primarily I recieved it from my Lord, by the means of the anointing he gave me... with holy spirit. Through that, I can hear him. But it is also written, even in the Bible. 1 John 2:27, 28; John 10:27

If the NEED came for them to die? Wasn't their purpose to fill the earth, subdue it and live forever in peace?

It was. But what if flesh became like the rebellious spirits (which it did)? Those spirits are reserved for destruction, are they not? But God created a MERCIFUL way for Adam to die... by letting him live out his years first. As would be the case with ANY who ate from the Tree without authority (i.e., God's determination that it was time, that doing so would NOT result in their death because they were SPIRITUALLY developed enough). God could have simply zapped Adam or recalled his breath. He did not. He allowed him to live... just not forever.

It seems a bit of a "doubting thomas" move to have a symbolic pre-nuptual. Did God really doubt his creation that much?

Anytime you give something free will... so that you no longer exercise control over it... WISDOM says that such something can rebel... if it CHOOSES to. That is what FREE WILL is all about: CHOICE. The ONLY way God could have GUARANTEED that His creation would NOT rebel... was to REMOVE its free will. Surely you understand that...

Also, even if there was a "need" for them to die, why did God need a mechanism? All throughout scriptural history, there were accounts where he was able to eradicate entire groups of people without an already present mechanism. He made it rain fire to consume, caused the earth to open up and swallow, made the seas come crashing down, and flooded the earth. He didn't need a pre-set mechanism for accomplishing his purpose.

Some of those events are myths, dear one, created by certain people to ward off and/or scare their enemies ("Our God is bigger/badder than your god; see, he won't even hesitate to annihilate his own people! So, you'd better leave us be!"). Those that are not were ONLY after several warnings. And were ususally the result of someone severely harming or oppressing others. Adam and Eve didn't do any of those things - they simply reached out for what was beyond their grasp: to be like God, knowing good AND bad. And they GOT part of what they reached for. They DID get to know good and bad... life AND death. Just didn't get to be like God... knowing both and yet living still.

And again, I am wondering where you're getting the opinion that they would have advanced to the point of being able to eat from the tree. God never said that. And while he may have only said 'this is what will happen IF you eat...' and not 'DO NOT eat...', it doesn't change the fact that they weren't supposed to have it.

They weren't supposed to have it at that time, no. But if there is no more BAD... which is what the kingdom is supposed to accomplish... then either there will be no more [Good/Bad] Tree... or it won't have its power. I mean, that's just common sense, isn't it? Since NO ONE WILL DIE... what, then, would be the point in REMOVING the tree? What would be the point in restricting its fruit? Eaters can't die... so the fruit will have no POWER. Since all will know good (life)... and some will have known good (life) AND bad (death)... by means of having been resurrected... what would be the point?

"Just because somehthing IS "wonderful" doesn't mean all should have access to it. Certainly, you understand that." - Good point. I do understand that. But it doesn't quell my curiosity as to the specifics of how everything came about.

I totally agree!

"Had they waited, however, and listened to the Most Holy One of Israel... and let Him build them up and strengthen them SPIRITUALLY... which He would have accomplished by allowing them to eat freely from the Tree of Llife (which is the Tree that spirit beings eat from TO live indefinitely)... then at some point they COULD have eating from the Tree of Knowledge..." - again, what is your source for this?

My Source is my Lord and Master, the Holy Spirit, who is the Holy One of Israel, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, the Son and Christ of the MOST Holy One of Israel and my Heavenly Father, JAH of Armies...

while I understand your being upset, I don't give Satan and Death "the benefit of the doubt". I do not in any way support their false teachings.

Actually, dear one... you did. Unknowingly, perhaps, but certainly. And you did support their false teaching (i.e., "the Bottom Line: God created sin"). THINK about it...

I find it somewhat unpleasantly familiar, though, that you apparently feel that no one is allowed to question God.

Whoa, wait! Who ever said THAT? Abraham questioned the Most Holy One of Israel. As did Moses. As did Job. Where did you get that I said that? (And where did you question God? My apologies, but I didn't see any "questioning" - I saw a conclusion - i.e., "the Bottom Line is...")

Even faithful men in the Bible questioned God directly and were allowed to do so, even persuading God to make adjustments to his decided course of action.

Ummm... I'm not so sure about that. They questioned Him, yes. But the course of action... although perhaps delayed a spell... did not change.

I do not wish to say that God is evil and if you look at the context of what I wrote, I wasn't actually saying that God definitely 100% DID create sin.

Again, my apologies. I misunderstood your words... "Bottom Line: God created sin." Usually, "bottom line" means... in the end... the conclusion is... etc.

I said that it was a pondering/thought.

You did... and I took that into consideration. It just seemed to ME that the CONCLUSION of your pondering/thinking... was what you stated as being the "bottom line." My apologies for misunderstanding...

I have reached no conclusions as to what I believe.

Then probably the term "bottom line" wasn't what you really meant...

And even if I DID determine that I believed God to have created sin, isn't that my "God-given" free will to do so?

It most certainly is... and I certainly gave you that. Like I said, I assumed (and rightly, I believe, though you may deny it)... based on YOUR words of conclusion that you had indeed come to that belief. I simply exercised MY free will to give you the truth of the matter. Whether you change your conclusion or not as a result in YOUR choice... based on YOUR free will.

It does not put you in a position to judge me as a liar to believe what I am resigned to believe based on the information I have gathered.

I did not judge you... as a liar or otherwise. I stated that your THOUGHT was false... and a lie (which it is)... which wasn't surprising... because of its source... its originator.

And again, as you pointed out to OTWO, I still don't understand what they were being "protected" from.

From Death. And, unfortunately, the one who was supposed to protect them... the Edenic Cherub who came to be known as Satan and Devil... ended up delivering them right into Death's hands.

I hope this helps and bid you peace, dear Ana_dote.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The first is something that I received from my Lord and have learned to be absolutely true. And that is his words to me that "All things I tell you are written [but not necessarily in the Bible] but not all things that are written [including in the Bible] are what I will tell you."

• ana_dote
    ana_dote

I must admit that you brought up some interesting points I had not thought of before and will certainly take into consideration. I will also admit, however, that as a person who is in the process of questioning and doubting what is and is not truth, certainly you must realize that I cannot simply accept certain things you say as fact because you claim the holy spirit told you so. No offense is meant by that statement, it's just how I feel. :-)

I am a bit conflicted as to whether or not to agree with your personifcation of death. It is interesting to note that this darkness and death did exist prior to light and life. But you speak as though it is an individual with a will and intent (although I could be mistaken, it is simply how I perceived your words). I'm not sure I agree with that, as it would indicate again the ying/yang concept of inherent good and evil, which I was obviously raised not to believe. On the one hand, I cannot say with certainty that such a concept is INaccurate...but on the other hand, it is obviously a "new" concept for me to accept and would require more thought and meditation on my part.

I do apologize for the misleading nature of my statement "bottom line..." I guess I was trying to say "here is the potential conclusion based on this pondering, although not necessarily THE conclusion of things". lol I was trying to get straight to the point (and thus the question therein) of my thought prior to the explanation. In my defense though, often times a statement or "conclusion" can in itself BE a question. It doesn't always have to mean itself to be fact. But, in the future, I will try to express myself more clearly. :-)

• AGuest
    AGuest
    certainly you must realize that I cannot simply accept certain things you say as fact because you claim the holy spirit told you so. No offense is meant by that statement, it's just how I feel. :-)

I absolutely understand that, dear Ana_Dote (peace to you!) and absolutely NO offense taken! None at all!

I am a bit conflicted as to whether or not to agree with your personifcation of death. It is interesting to note that this darkness and death did exist prior to light and life. But you speak as though it is an individual with a will and intent (although I could be mistaken, it is simply how I perceived your words).

You perceived my words correctly. He even has a name: Abbadon (or Apollyon). He is referred to as "the Destroyer"... or "Destruction" (as in Judas being "the son of Destruction"). He has one purpose... to consume all life... and so reign supreme. Thus, he is the [last] ENEMY of God, and Christ, who is the Life.

I do apologize for the misleading nature of my statement "bottom line..." I guess I was trying to say "here is the potential conclusion based on this pondering, although not necessarily THE conclusion of things".

Okay, yes, I understand that now (and no need to apologize - I just misunderstood, is all) - so, no worries.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

First of all, may you have peace.

Simple thoughts: The Bible shows that God indicated that in the day of his eating from that tree, Adam would die. The Bible doesn't say that the tree had something likened to poison that humans couldn't eat. It is written to indicate that it was a test. If that is not the intention, then isn't it wonderful that God doesn't help us out with His book by making things clear for us? The fact that God pronounced punishment upon the humans for disobedience according to the Bible indicates that the Bible is telling us that God provided a test that they failed. It wasn't the fruit that gave the woman cravings for her husband and it wasn't the fruit that banished them from the garden.

Also, God said "in the day of your eating from it" and that didn't happen. The narrative doesn't explain that, but the Bible seems to indicate the simple message that God doled out a different punishment. It gets confusing because that all means that the snake didn't lie about the death part nor about them "being like God" in knowing good and evil.

If God wants you, ana_dote, to know some alternative to what is written, then He can give you the message the same way He gave it to AGuest. If God doesn't contact you in that way, then don't worry about anyone that says that He has contacted them.

Nothing personal, may you have peace and all that stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit