JW Weddings, Memories, Practices, Or Common Experiences, Please Share

by Confuzzled 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Confuzzled
    Confuzzled

So the BF is out of state for a wedding. When he told me it was today, the day before Easter, during Lent, I realized it was probably for one of his JW or lasped JW family members. He also happened to mention there was no booze at the function (HORRORS! My redneck fam would be in the parking lot with a keg and a bottle of Jack being passed around!). Is this common? For pure nosiness sake, is there anything else that would stand out as odd amongst us "worldlies"?

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Is the bride under age 18?

That usually stands out as "odd".

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Right at the end of the marriage ceremony, before the two kiss, the "brother" offers a prayer. It's just an odd time for a prayer.

No rice is thrown, at the reception there is no bouquet toss or garder toss.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

No toasts to the bride etc.

• dgp
    dgp

Looking forward to see more posts.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Alcohol is optional at Witness weddings. But, usually an elder is asked by the family to watch over the reception to make sure nobody get too crazy.

• RebeccaChi
    RebeccaChi

I went to an Uber-JDub wedding where the speaker discussed for quite a while that the bride and groom were both virgins. If that wasn't enough, he was telling the groom to be patient with the bride, sex will be uncomfortable at first for her and she may not find enjoyment in it as quickly as he will. Again . . . this was discussed as part of the wedding talk! A lot of these overly righteous dubs are real perverts "hiding behind the cloth", or as in this cult, behind the podium.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

JWs do a mean chicken dance.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Wow, RebeccaChi, how embarrassing for the bride and groom. If the speaker felt he had to counsel them about such intimate matters, he should have done so in private.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I remember at a wedding I attended the DJ played the song "It Wasn't Me" by Shaggy. Everyone stopped dancing,and the elders rushed to get that one shut down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit