Did You Ever Regard Jehovah As Your "Friend"?

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I never felt that "friendship".

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

In all the years since I made my dedication 33 years ago I never had or felt a personal experience with Jehovah where I could feel something that indicated Jehovah is and was my friend. I envisioned him sitting on his throne as I approached him in personal and congregational prayer.

I had hoped that the life I was living during those years would some way give me confirmation that Jehovah accepted me as his friend. Emptyness, and so, wait on the Jehovah was the cry of the day.

Blueblades

• peaches
    peaches

absolutely.....i loved jehovah with every ounce of strength i had....i felt as if i could feel him at times...i had prayers answered,,,,and saw his "spirit" work in the congregation....i think that is why i cannot heal.....how can jehovah be so full of love,,,,answer prayers,,,,etc etc,,,,only to have such horrible abuse and actions,,,,where peoples lives are destroyed,,,,take place in the same building???

i have not been in a kingdom hall for about 4 or 5 years....but was a witness for about 30+ years.....i do not think i will ever heal...too many scars...but yes,,,,there was a time when i reguarded jehovah as a friend and loved him very much....sorry i rambled minimus....

• aSphereisnotaCircle
  • The Finger
    The Finger

Yes. My best friend.

• minimus
    minimus

poor peaches

• minimus
    minimus

I think it's almost impossible to be "friendly" with an invisible God. I just can't grasp having Jehovah as a "real friend".

• blondie
    blondie

It was easier being friends with an invisible god than the invisible, unavailable people at the KH.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I made many honest efforts to make true friends with my invisible friend. But when that friend failed time and again to communicate with me and answer my prayers in a clear manner, I had to let that "friend" go. Now, I believe in what I can see and what I experience, whether seen or not seen. It's made for much richer spiritual experiences.

• Heaven
    Heaven

No. The Bible and the JW view on subjugating women really put a crimp in any sort of relationship I could have with God/Jehovah/who-ever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit