Do you atheists resent the believers on here and do you believers resent the atheists?

by Lozhasleft 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hi all

I'm wondering how people feel about us exJWs either becoming atheists or continuing on with a faith in God?

Do you get angry or frustrated at the opposing view?

I'm new but I've seen different reactions to both on here...as for me I am happy to live and let live nowadays...its ok with me whatever people want to choose for themselves....

Personally I still have enormous faith and love for God....if the JWs couldnt destroy it I dont think much else could...?

Love to all regardless of what rocks your particular boat!

Loz x

• blondie
    blondie

We all left an organization that gave us no choice; dictated how we should think and feel.

It would seem ridiculous to turn around and do the same to others here and elsewhere.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Each to their own.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm a believer and I definitely do not resent the atheists.

The more the merrier!

Tee hee hee.

Sylvia

• bohm
    bohm

Not at all!

Ofcourse if a believer preaches hate of homosexuals or women, or if an atheist preach hate about believers, i would take issue with that, but that is a whole other matter.

• donny
    donny

Like Blondie said, it would be stupid to leave such an elitist organization just to become another elitist.

Donny

• wobble
    wobble

I am firmly with BOHM on this, people can believe whatever they want as far as I am concerned, as long as it does no harm , either to others ,or themselves.

Preaching hate is harmful to both parties, and holding to beliefs that harm is reprehensible, so I will attack the false beliefs, but I do not feel resentment for the person who holds those beliefs.

I just find some peoples threads irrelevant to me, a non-believer, and so don't read much of them ,or comment on them, but I feel all people of all persuasions should feel welcome here on JWN.

Wobble

• JWoods
    JWoods

I label myself agnostic on the subject because while I have no way of knowing, I see no evidence of a JW-like god.

I have no problem with ex-jws who have moved to a reasonable and modest form of conventional christianity.

I do have a problem with the occasional crackpot evangalistas who come here claiming to be a prophet (directly spoken to by god), hard headed fundys who want to make two page posts to preach to everybody and denounce unbelievers, and -

especially with some who have held on to nutjob JW doctrines, rehashed them, and are trying to create their own JW-like religion.

I also have a problem with die-hard atheists who have made that a religion and want to preach it to the believers and enforce it on people.

• The Finger
    The Finger

yes i do!

• dgp
    dgp

What a person believes should be his or her own business. Steven Hassan got it right when he says that you have the right to believe anything; but no one has a right to MAKE you believe anything. Those are the people I would have trouble with, atheist or not.

Some atheists will attack everyone NOT an atheist. Those are the ones JWoods doesn't like and I agree with him.

Most of us ("us" meaning "believers and non-believers") won't mess with anybody for as long as they let us be. Or that is my delusion.

Live and let live?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit