Watchtower 1974- Obviously a Bethelite writes all fat people who eat more than others will be destroyed!!!

by Witness 007 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Funny what you say about the extremely obese pioneer brother – we had one like that in our congregation – and someone at the doors actually commented on how hypocritical it was of him to be preaching to other people about improving their lives when he obviously couldn’t control his own!!!

The pioneer brother was a really nice guy (sent me a letter of encouragement when I stopped coming to the meetings) but the guy at the door did have a point.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

The Watchtower society cannot possibly Police fatties since most of the Elders are large.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I hear that they have crummy food at Bethel sometimes. LOL

Well, how are they going to enforce that? Demand that all the fatties go on Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig or else?

The problem of policing people's private activities like eating and sex without seeming like a nosy pervert must be a never ending worry for the GB.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

The gluttony thingy was about the Roman habit of binging-purging.

I did think that if they wanted to promote pioneering among sisters, they'd have been better off finding hot chicks instead of the bearded-single-fat sister to give her story about how great it was pioneering.

• marcopolo
    marcopolo

Hello all

do you know in Italian wt which ??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit