Why does Jehovah want to kill Daddy?

by BackRoomBilly 31 Replies latest jw friends

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

I AM SO SORRY, I HATE THIS CULT TOO.

elder-schmelder

• BackRoomBilly
    BackRoomBilly

I am glad I found out the whole thing was a sham but it really is a catch 22. I know what they are doing and how they're doing it for the most part. but I dont know how to rescue my little brother. It seems like the whole thing is booby-trapped. I know if I try to discuss it with him he'll retreat into the "Its the devil trying to snare you" mind set. I feel like the only thing I can do is wait and hope he figures it out for himself. Any advise?

• Heaven
    Heaven

Steven Hassan's books may be of help: "Combatting Cult Mind Control" and "Releasing the Bonds". There are threads on here that talk a bit about his advice. Here is one by Mr. Flipper that may be of some help to you:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/166548/1/When-Debating-With-Witnesses-Is-Arguing-Doctrine-Beneficial-Steve-Hassan

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

BackRoomBilly: "but I dont know how to rescue my little brother"

Ryan, you have had a lot of trauma. I would suggest you get on solid ground before you start trying to rescue anyone else. I think your wife's suggestion of counseling is a good start. I know you feel for your brother and want desperately to rescue him and have some sense of having a family. But, at this point, I think any attempt on your part will only make things worse.

Wait until you are stronger, have gained more insight, and have support of friends and counselors who can advise. When you reach that point, you will be able to formulate a game plan. You can't just beat it into their heads that they are being duped. It is a very delicate procedure where you actually have to lead them to be able to see it for themselves. Otherwise, they will become even more defensive and will turn on you.

Keep reading here and ask questions. It takes some time for things to become really clear. You need to work on your own healing before you can help someone else.

• BackRoomBilly
    BackRoomBilly

Cameo-d, Thank you for the advise. I will do it just like you said. WOW THIS SUCKS

• cry
    cry

How awful to hear your story of what amounts to child abuse. It really is abhorrent. I am sure that counselling and chatting with others on this site will help heal the wounds, in fact I know it will. You are on a good path now and not alone.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi again Ryan.

Is your little brother still talking to you, or is he scared of the big bad Apostate?

My family still talks to me. I didn't make the mistake of baptism and they don't have an excuse to shun me.

When I finally realised that I had been raised in a cult, I blew my top I told them what I had found out about their religion. Bad mistake. I would have been far better off to keep my mouth shut until I had a plan and had learned some of the psychology of cults.

They are still talking to me, but it is extremely rare to get into a religious discussion now. When I do, it is more like war. I don't accept any bullshit from them and put it on them to prove their extraordinary claim that Jerusalem fell in 607 BC before I will discuss any other religious topic. Any attempt to attack my character or my question is shot down by drawing parallels to religions that they consider false and accusing them of being slack or evasive for 'conveniently' forgetting to answer my question. I no longer refer to literature that is not published by the WT so that the question "Where did you hear that from?", can be shot down.

Now I'm starting to ramble. I should go and pick some grapes.

Cheers

Chris

• BackRoomBilly
    BackRoomBilly

Brother Black Sheep,

OH BOY -we have gone round and round. Our arguements would always end in them trying to disprove other religions when that wasnt the arguement to begin with. My brother would always say either you believe the bible is the word of God or you dont. Then he would follow up with who is the FDS if its not the WTS? Because I couldnt tell him who the FDS really is he would walk away with a sense of victory and power. We havent had a discussion about his "truth" in over two years.

My Mother and older brother have disowned me 10 years ago and that was the best thing that could have possibly happened to me. My younger brother talks to me all the time and it gets stranger than fiction. He attends meeting gives parts the whole nine yards. He is constantly reading the propaganda and he seems to like it, Only he is more "worldly" than most people I know. He drinks a lot, he's always in bars, and I'm pretty sure he's been snortin' coke with his 30 something witness buddies.

I just sit back and wonder if his behavior is because he is losing faith. Just when I think he's breaking out of their grasp... There he goes back out in field service and my hands are tied. Its just sad Chris.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

well its inescapeable that there is no future in that cult, some people take longer to figure that out. some never manage to figure it out, and others figure it out but cant accept the truth of the matter.

we were always counciled not to live a double life, meaning dont go and pretend to be righteous and the kh and then be worldly everywhere else. so i never really did the double life thing. i went from being at every meeting to not going regularly to not at all.

now however i can see that at least if your living that double life you actually get a bit of a real life to live. so maybe your brother is at least trying to have some sort of a life, the life he knows he cannot have in that cult. i hope that is a way for you to reach him but lord knows it will be damn hard for you.

best of luck bro

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

If you haven't got a WTCD you can get the 2009 copy here. http://www.watchtowerlibrary.blogspot.com/

Sit yourself down and write up a list of years from 625 BC to 539 BC.

Using the search function in the CD work out which Babylonian king was reigning in each year.

In order to keep in step with the WT, you should end up with Nabonidus' reign ending in 539 and Nebuchadnezzar's reign beginning in 625.

Nebuchadnezzar's reign has to begin in 625 for the WT's claim that Jerusalem fell in 607 BC. (625-18=607)

If Jerusalem didn't fall in 607 BC, then the WT's claim to have been selected by Jesus, in 1919, to be God's sole channel of communication in our day is stuffed as Jesus couldn't possibly have selected them then, as he wouldn't have 'returned' until 1934. 15 years too late.

That claim is the Watchtower's primary doctrine. It is the only subject that is worthwhile discussing or attacking. Every doctrine a JW believes, they believe because of that doctrine.

My suggestion is this...........

Have a damned good go at working out that king list by yourself, and if you can't do it to fit the WT's chronology, ask your bro for help.

Cheers

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit