Informal poll...Which Meeting was the most boring for you? Which one did you stop attending first?

by mindmelda 22 Replies latest jw friends

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

For me, it was always the Theocratic Ministry School/Field Service meeting.

Strangely, I never minded giving talks, because I always wanted to perform and have virtually no stage fright. But, listening to some of the deadly dull talks used to make me look at the clock a lot. I always felt sorry for some poor slob who had to give his first Bible reading on something like Job's daughters raping him after getting him drunk.

I swear I think our school overseer did it on purpose because he was a mean SOB.

And, I hated Field Slavery as my parents became Witnesses when I was about 12, never did get a good attitude about it. So talking about it was like having root canal. It was the meeting I stopped attending first, and then the book study, which bored me because you could never ask questions, just answer them like a bunch of flipping parrots.

OH, I haven't been to a Memorial in 4 years now, counting this one. Dance with me, I'm so proud! Even though my mother just had to send me an invite in the mail. Probably counted time on me, the poor old nutter.

• yknot
    yknot

Well I startred leaving after the SM announcements.....(stuck around when it was local needs night)

When 'God's Love' was being studied I tried to be 'late' as possible for the CBS

Now I find reasons to be outside for the WT Study.

I will try and find a reasonable excuse for some fulltime slacking during the summer until our DC is held.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I think I lost interest in the Book Study - especially after 4 or 5 times through the Family book. And the Ezekiel book... OMG!

Mindmelda wrote: Even though my mother ... Probably counted time on me, the poor old nutter.

Your attitude toward this is so much better than mine.

I *know* my mother counts time when she talks to me and if offends me deeply. Finally one day I told her not to call me if she's only calling to 'count time'. Haven't heard much from in four years. For many years she only called to tell me about her 'real' family at the kingdom hall and all her bible studies in the local jail. So not much loss on the short scale. But the bigger picture is pretty sad.

Still I applaud you healthier attitude toward your own mother. At least you let her have her say.

Happy Un-Memorial.

-Aude.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

any 1 that I was not interpreting. That at least gave me somethingI liked doing

Last meeting - quit them all at the same time when they said they were going to DF me

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

The service meeting followed by TMS.... Why did it always go over!?!?!?! Book study was hard in a home, sitting on the a comfy couch and looking at the turned off TV wondering what I was missing or if I would finish my homework for the next morning.

• dissed
    dissed

The Public talk was way too long and boring. I put myself to sleep giving them.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I did`nt like any of them..I was just a kid..

I never knew what the hell they were talking about..

I later found out neither did they..

I quit them all at once..

.............................. ...OUTLAW

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I started skipping them in random order, so I would not leave a pattern for the hounders to figure out. And, I would alternate attendance between two different congregations so each would think I was with the other.

And they were all boring, pointless, and/or intended to dirtify everything that was any fun.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

The book study was the first. All that rushing home from work, having a bite to eat then a quick shower and get dressed for a one hour meeting? Then our TMS/Ministry meeting was on the next night and it was exhausting!!!!

So I started to alternate between the book study and TMS meetings until I started to avoid both of them, and only attended the Sunday meetings when I felt like it.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

The Book Study was dumped first, then the Public Talk and Watchtower both too long and boring, The School and Service Meeting were ok as it meant beers after.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit