Brand New: Currently Totally Devastated

by daringhart13 78 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

Welcome to a very supportive place for healing.

There's nothing like seeing how the "sausage is made" to wake a person up to the reality of how the JW religion really works.

I look forward to hearing more from you in the future.

Here's a little JWN site navigation info that might be helpful to you:

1. Someone else already mentioned the "Search" feature. That's helpful.

2. As you read threads and a post by a particular user grabs your attention, click on their username. This will open up a window that will give you a couple useful options: Topics Started & Topics Posted On. Topics Started will often help you get a feel for the person's history here and posting style. Topics Posted On will let you know what they've been up to lately on JWN even if they haven't started any threads themselves.

3. Active Topics: Click on Active Topics if you want to be able to see what threads are currently being commented on and will likely give you an opportunity for feedback.

4. PMs: Private Messages can be accessed or sent by clicking on the little envelope next to your username. One thing that's a minor annoyance is there's no way of knowing if you have any current PMs by looking at the envelope. You've got to click on it.

5. Posting limits: I think you're limited to 10 posts per day while your a newbie.

Enjoy!

om

• Diva
    Diva

Welcome. I was born and raised in the 'truth' but faded 2 years ago along with my husband.

It's been a long, hard, uphill journey but I do not regret my decision to leave an organisation full of lies and hypocrisy.

I hope you will continue to post - we're here to listen to and support you.

• Quandry
    Quandry

How long until you came out of the fog? the devastation? the crying? the feeling that God may just hate you?

Welcome. Each of us is different, so can't say how much time will pass for each phase. I have been there, and will tell you I do know that it DOES get better.

My husband was an elder for twenty years. We have been out five years now. He still is not able to join the forum and talk to everyone, although I with he could. He too feels so lonely. He was so sincere, and so hurt by the way the "flock" was spoken to and about, and how he was eventually treated.

Stay with us.........

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

I am stunned at the outpouring of love here. Thanks to each and everyone of you...........I'm going back to the beginning and reading each post.......

This means a lot right now........thank you.

• zoiks
    zoiks

I understand how you feel right now, daringhart... so many of us were simply stunned by the love and compassion that comes from people that are so rigorously slandered by the Organization.

I am so glad that you're here and sticking around. You will learn a lot, you will find support, you may even meet new friends in person! There is no rule saying that we all have to agree on everything - you will find some healthy, and, at times, heated debates on all kinds of subjects. This board is populated by passionate individuals who in some cases are exercising their ability to think critically for the first time.

Again, glad you're here, and can't wait to hear more of your story.

All the best to you in this difficult, scary, and exciting time in your life.

• peaches
    peaches

glad you are back and doing ok.....the phrase completely devastated,,,,worried me...thanks..peaches pm'd you....

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Thanks.....and please be patient with me as I try to understand how an organization that claims love can be so cruel to people.

The simple answer to this is the JWS try and emulate the social morals of a civilization that occurred 2000 years ago,

not to mention model their behavior after the most cruelest and violent of ancient gods, Jehovah god of the Israelites.

The problem with the JW organization is they are too heavy handed on their doctrinal rules, too high controlling

from the hierarchy ruling class and judgmental. The WTS. evolved from its roots into a power playing theocracy mostly do

to the opportunistic power players like Judge Rutherford who fought long and hard to take over presidency of the organization.

Usually when there's great amounts of power and money in the hands of men, corruption is very close by.

Welcome to the forum

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

DaringHeart: I have empathy for you - 18 months ago I stood where you were. Tonight is the 1st Memorial that my wife and I will not attend. I have enjoyed the solace from some very caring people on this board and it has helped me immensely. Don't be afraid to come back and speak your mind, unlike what we were both taught at Elders Schools - the mainstays of this board are open minded and are well versed and eductaed on matters.

Hang in there, it does get easier...

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I know it's a year late Daringhart, you must have slipped by me when you posted last year, hope you are winning the fight against these destructive evil people, great to see guys like yourselves coming on board.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit