About Rutherford's family

by possible-san 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

A description of the specific edition of Artists and Models that Rutherford attended:

"Artists and Models is a saturnalia that grows, each year, bigger, better, barer. This one is called the Paris Edition because the name Paris is, with Broadwayites, a synonym for limbs and confidential badinage. The badinage in this show, however, achieves wit; the lace is never where it is expected; and the limbs, particularly those of the Gertrude Hoffman girls, late of the Moulin Rouge, are exquisite, adept..."The Rotisserie," in which four girls, trussed on enormous spits, baste in front of an electric fire; "The Promenade Walk at the Beach" which sends 50 odd and some beautiful bathing suits skipping behind the rotund personality of Miss Frances Williams; the "Palette" scene, in which the Hoffman girls emerge, one by one, from a paint box, disguised as pastel crayons; "Cellini's Dream," difficult to describe. All these are transcended by the most colossal exploitation of the Mammy song ever attempted on the U. S. stage" (Time, 6 July 1925; see [link]).

Apparently the "Rotisserie" number was the big hit from the show. Reading other descriptions of it, of how the "chicks" were depicted as fowl roasting in the kitchen of a restaurant (with the "cooked" ones piled up for the male customers to feast on), well....jeez, the objectification involved in that number is a little mind-blowing.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Some Artists and Models related images (I hope they're SFW, I'm not sure....I'll replace with links if they aren't):

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

W.C.Fields

http://legendsrevealed.com/entertainment/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/wc.jpg

W.C.Rutherford

........................... ...OUTLAW

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Outlaw You're something else. I love your sense of humor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest