Would you be shattered if your mate had sex with someone else? Why?

by goldensky 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

"Shattered" is a strong word. I would be disappointed but much would depend on how she did it and what she planned to do in the future. Was it just a matter of circumstance and loss of control? Was it a calculated one-time fling? Was it part of a greater affair, a relationship with the dude? Does she want or expect my forgiveness? Does she want to continue the marriage? Does she want the marriage to continue as it did, or does she want an "open" marriage from here on? Am I now allowed a free fling to even the score?

Lots of questions need to be answered before I decide how to react.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

I've often derived far more pleasure from an interesting and deep conversation with a man other than my husband than from making love with my husband

Wow, i've never had a conversation with anyone that was that good!

But I've never been very good at conversation, most peoples conversations hold no interest for me.

Sex, on the other hand, I have plenty of interest in.

And yes, if my mate was unfaithful I would be very hurt, perhaps not shattered, but very hurt.

Because it is an intimacy that we have agreed to share only with each other.

But I now my man, it would take some extreme sutuations for him to be unfaithful and so that would have to be taken into consderation if it ever did happen.

• tec
    tec

I agree that it is the intimacy that matters. Sex can be just a function, no big deal. But the idea of your mate showing another woman the same reverence that he shows when making love with you... that's what's hurtful. Also, he made a vow to be faithful to you, and you trusted in him. So it's also a violation of that trust.

And for what? A heat of the moment mistake? Or a genuine reverence for another woman?

Both hurt.

Tammy

• minimus
    minimus

threesomes

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    threesomes

Minimus makes a great point. If she were willing to join in, there would be no problem.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

You gotta share..

• snowbird
    snowbird

For some men, it's all about sox!

Sylvia

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Sox?? Yeah, that's it..

• goldensky
    goldensky

Dear all,

Thank you very much for your comments and the fact no one ridiculed me or got angry at the question.

I have organized my thoughts a little on my way to school and back, so I may express myself a bit more clearly now. Let's see, you talk about "intimacy" being the sacred thing, more than "sex" itself, which might be a mere function. And that's exactly my point: going back to the example of the conversation: imagine you've spent a couple of hours with a male friend (I'm talking to females) and you've had a great conversation (I often do, my husband doesn't mind at all -I would not tolerate his minding anyway-). You've thoroughly enjoyed the feeling of connexion and closeness that comes from exchanging ideas on a subject that fascinates you (I clarify you can have the same enjoyment if you are with a female friend, but this time it is a male). You go back home and remember what you've spoken about, you smile remembering how good it felt, and you definitely feel close to that person who shared that part of your day. Before you go to sleep, you review your day and your friend is in your mind again and again you feel that warm relationship that unites you (no romantic feeling involved). Would you expect your husband to feel bad about it, to make a scene, to tell you that is not moral? You wouldn't, would you? OK, that same day, while you were having such a good time with your friend, your husband, who's had a couple of beers (he is not drunk, though, but perfectly aware), is approached by a beautiful workmate in his office that openly makes herself available to him, he's very aroused (it's a weakness in men, poor fellows, but that's for another thread) and giving in to her charms, has sex with her. It has lasted five minutes in all. He goes back home, and were it not for his terrible conscience, he would not give the girl another thought. He is happy to go back home to you and your warmth and the kids, and he goes to sleep like an angel as he holds you tight and delights in how you smell. End of his story.

Who has had more intimacy?

Do you see what I mean? What's in sex that makes it different from other kinds of intimacy? I don't get it. I'd love to know the reason for my "anomaly". That's why I'm asking for enlightenment from you, my dear friends.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Who has had more intimacy?

Due to the obvious connecting of two minds, I would say the woman; imo, emotional intimacy is more important to us than physical.

One caveat, however: Emotional intimacy often (emphasis on the often) leads to physical intimacy.

That's just how we are!

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit