Judical Committee- FUBAR decisions

by Think About It 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Think About It
    Think About It

The tapes and letters revealed excess money being given to the CO, talking about and making fun of people and a "done deal" to make this guy an elder before the CO's stint was over. The letters were written in a creepy Jonathan & David relationship style. On one of the tapes, he is taping me and my intuition is alarming....I hear myself on tape asking him if he ever taped anybody. He denies taping any elders. Then I hear myself flat out asking him, "have you ever taped me?" Then I hear him say, "No, I would never tape you." Some elders he could call up and lead them with questions to incriminate themselves over different things that evidently had happened.

I do believe the "Special Committee" elders were instructed under no condition were they to read or hear the contents of the letters & tapes. The wife was instructed to turn them over to those elders to give back to the husband.

Think About It

• awildflower
    awildflower

What you probably wouldn't give now to have those tapes!

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

This sounds like my brother's old hall. The congregation was finally dissolved. My brother was an elder, but then, became inactive. Of course, it wasn't as extreme in your case, but close. I can understand why you left.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

My jw exhusband threatened to kill me and himself and was overheard by one of my "worldly" co-workers. Despite the fact that he'd been physically abusive to me throughout our marriage, it meant nothing to the elders, even after his psychiatrist recommended forced committment to a mental hospital.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Awildflower: the term FUBAR goes back to at least WWII, it has nothing to do with texting.

This story is indeed FUBAR, although I am no longer surprised by what goes on in this religion.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Perhaps it is SNAFU for them :)

• nugget
    nugget

It is entirely believable and that is what makes it so sad. The rot is endemic now in the organisation and no congregation has escaped. This is an extreme example and yet there are so many other experiences of elders and others manipulating JCs and trying to silence critics through reprimands and other bullying tactics. It's all smoke and mirrors, let's pick a victim and focus on their faults so no one notices me.

I used to think this was a benevolent organisation that could be saved now I think it is a poisonous canker that has to go.

• life is to short
    life is to short

I went through something very similar. When I was first married. My husband is older than I am and had been an elder for about 15 years I was in my early 20's. This nut case of a MS decided to kill my husband. We called Bethel and they told us to get a restraining order we were just leaving to go do it when someone else from Bethel called us right back and told us we were on our own, that Bethel would give us no support and to not bring Jehovah's name into it. So no restraining order.

This guy was really crazy. He stalked me for about two and half years. One hall the next town over got a restraining order on him, the whole hall did but still I was told that I needed to just wait on Jehovah and beyond everything else to not bring his name into it.

My husband and I fought over it all the time. I was so hurt. This guy would stalk me at work, follow me in the store, drive by our home. When my husband was at elder meetings he guy would call none stop. I would have to take the phone off the hook. It got to the point where I did not feel safe staying in the house without my husband being home and still I never felt safe. One time when he first started in and I did not know the sound of his voice on the phone he told me that he had killed my husband on the way to an elders meetings. I called everyone in the hall crying begging to know where my husband was and everyone just laughed at me telling me this guy would not hurt me, I was the crazy one. Yet I found out latter that they were all just really afraid of him too and were just glad it was me not them that he was stalking.

If I had to do over now in my 40's I would have left my husband. It was the first years of our life together. My husband's favorite saying to me was you should never have married an elder if you do not like this. I was so stupid and young.

Life is to short to deal with this religion in which no one cares about you only #1

• awildflower
    awildflower

Awildflower: the term FUBAR goes back to at least WWII, it has nothing to do with texting.

Really?

Perhaps it is SNAFU for them :)

Great SK, now I have to figure that out!

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

My all time greatest FUBAR Committee story (I had many to choose from)

This is when I was a kid, but the story needs to be told, as its been played out in many a congregation.

Anyone who has experienced the pain of child abuse (I have family members who have) in this lousy organization, my heart just breaks for you. Just know that you are deeply loved and cared about..........

There was a very promenent elder when I was growing up - he was well-loved by the congregation, respected, was considered a grandfather-type by most accounts. He used to have kids sitting on his lap at the meetings (I was one of them), would teach the kids how to swim, etc.

Well, this fine shepherd had one little issue - he especially loved the little girls in the hall.

He would paint portraits of some of the girls, (he was a talented painter) and would taken special interest in some of them. (It all made sense years later). Well, one of the girls was around 11 years old, and had recently been baptised. Her parents were divorced and Dad was long out of the picture. Her mom was one of the kindest, dearest ladies you would ever meet.

One day the girl finally had the courage to come forth and tell her Mom some of the things that had happened with this guy. Her Mom was shocked, and confided it to one of the elders. The elder was upset with the Mom for making "such an accusation" but said he would investigate. Because of the "two witnesses" rule, the brother came back and said that they could not form a judicial committee against the other elder.

However, the Mom was informed that a Judicial Committee had been formed - for the 11 YEAR OLD daughter!

Yes, this poor kid was accused of "slander" and brought before a committee - she was put on reproof since she was "repentant" for slandering the elder. Meanwhile, after this bastard died a few years later - many other girls came forth with vivid memories and accounts of abuse by this guy........He had done it to countless girls.

The party line is that "this has been cleaned up" but we all know that is BS since I have seen it as recently as 3 years ago in a case.

Yes, truly God's spirit appoints these men and guides them as the stars in the right hand of Christ!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit