If you could dismantle the WBTS – Would You?

by Nephilim 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yknot
    yknot
    Do you think it’s morally wrong to have a desire to see the end of the JW organization?

No

If you had the ability would you put a stop to it?

Yes, with heavy heart I would now.

What would happen to its members?

They would have to start discerning for themsleves 'beyond the few times when they come across a paragraph that says 'let the reader discern'.

Where would they go?

In Christianity it isn't 'where' it is 'to whom'

What would they do now?

Make peace with themselves and their beliefs. Some might remain Xians, some would lean toward agnostic or atheist opinions and a few to other type of belief systems.

Would they still harvest resentment towards disfellowshipped people do you think?

Becoming mentally untangled from the Org's teachings take time and over time I think majority would (the few remaining who don't probably are shunning/resenting for personal reasons)

How many people would off themselves when their paradise hope is lost?

I would hope none

Where would they go to find new hope?

Optimism is developed in the first year of life according to Erikson so I don't think many would have a problem finding a reason to be hopeful

What would be the aftermath of the end of the organization?

If the closing happened 'naturally'------I suppose college or private schools would purchase the NY campus'. I am certain that all other foreign branch offices would have been sold off before the selling of NY. Local KHs would have been sold off too, Assembly halls sold to the counties they reside, and so on.....Money would have been diverted to those in the most of control and they would simply go on with their lives......

If I had a say in what happened..... I would like to see the money used for assisted care facilities for those who after a lifetime devotion to the Org have no money or social /family support.

As for the individual JWs who were still young enough to rebuild, their would be disillusionment, some would try to meet like the old-days and others would be heavily medicated for a year or two but as time passes on they would move on with their lives.

The world wouldn't stop turning......the sun would continue to rise....

My inner reformist is crying now but eventually that side to will 'get over it' too..... for all the good I suppose could do with an 'Organization', a legion of followers..... I would have to literally go back to the drawing board and start over, new name and direction..... however the pitfalls of ego, entitlement and ease of life with such cash flow would eventually lead to the same results......such is human imperfection and nature. So it would be best to keep it simple..... not 'where but to whom'

• cantleave
    cantleave

So looking forward to Nov 5th 2017 - shame we cant bring it forward to Nov 2, that's my birthday!

• flipper
    flipper

Yes, I would. For the reasons Cantleave mentioned.

Do you think it's morally wrong to have a desire to see the end of the JW organization ?

No, not at all. It's morally wrong to see the JW organization keep controlling people's lives through cult mind control.

If you had the ability would you put a stop to it ?

Yes, indeed. I would even go undercover to find out the dirt at Bethel behind the scenes if someone financed me.

What would happen to it's members ?

Some would go off and join other cults or churches. Some would be relieved actually breaking free from the mind control.

Where would they go ?

Some will live life freely with no mind control, others will want to go back to a church and be controlled , being told what to do.

What would they do now ?

Live life, either under someone elses control, or take charge of their own life and call their own shots.

Would they still harvest resentment towards disfellowshipped people, you think ?

Hard to say. Not the free thinking non-religious ones. Those who re-join churches might.

How many people would off themselves when their paradise hope is lost ?

Hopefully not many. It depends if they re-educate themselves in a positive way to enjoy what THIS life has to offer.

Where would they go to find new hope ?

They would need to look within themselves. Why go anywhere ? The answers are within each person.

What would be the aftermath of the end of the organization ?

I subscribe to On The Way Out's views that the leaders of the WT society and their financial powers will run away with the $$$money. They would disband leaving the alleged " flock " to fend for itself. Remember- These are the same guys who laid off hundreds of Bethel workers the last few years with no retirement or severance pay or means of income. These people DO NOT care what happens personally to ANY of the 6 million Jehovah's Witnesses on this planet. They just want what's theirs financially. Want to keep the ballgame going. So , it would be a good day for this planet if ALL mind control cults like Jehovah's Witnesses, Scientology, and Mormon's, etc. etc. and all the others just went away like a bad dream. There would be a lot more free people living without fear and guilt on this planet

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Mat 24:5
    For many shall come in my name, saying, I don`t need Christ; and shall receive money......Nasticanasta

The WBT$ does that all the time!..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It's not morally wrong to ruin the Washtowel Slaveholdery.

Yes, it would cause damage and disarray among the members, even suicides. However, for every suicide that results, you might save more people from having their lives usurped by the religion. It would allow some who were seeking a way out to get out without hardships. It would prevent new people from being brought into the cancer, and those who were born in would now be free. It would save those lives that were lost because someone could not get a blood transfusion for religious reasons. It would save those lives that were lost in accidents while en route to the Kingdumb Hell or out in field circus. And, it would allow young people the opportunity to grow normally, and possibly present a solution that would save more lives.

As for the suicides that would result from disbanding the religion, most would be among elderly people that know no other lives or those who are so unstable that the religion is their only hope of any kind of functioning. The lives that would be saved would be mostly the younger group whose future is ahead of them, born-ins, and those who would not be joining the cancer in the first place.

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

Many of the "lifers' will have nothing, all they have now is hope. Hope that this system will end, hope paradise comes before they die. A false hope is better than no hope. If these ones find out that it has all been a sham, a lie, what will they have left? Broken dreams and broken promises, but it has to stop somewhere. My first instinct is to say yes, tear it down, now I just feel bad for the ones who have been believers for 50-60 years or more.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

In retrospect would you have dismantled jim jones cult before they went to Guyana yes! watchtower Yes! who knows what in the watchtower koolaid of the future.

• dissed
    dissed

It would give me no greater pleasure than to dismantle them.

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

I would drop a Fat Man and Little Boy on that organization in a heartbeat.

• Heaven
    Heaven

If I had the power to dismantle the WTS, then I would also have the power to change it. I would rather change it.

I would engage and empower the members in a collaborative effort to make it an organization of joy and creativity. We would change the metrics and the goals. We would make it a fun place to come every meeting instead of one of dread. We would implement a plan whereby people were educated and mentored in True North Principles, the Four Agreements and any other ideals that promote positivity. Everyone would have something to do that they absolutely loved! The goals would be to actually execute on the teachings of Christ as well as other Spiritual Leaders in support of growth of the human spirit regarding caring for those less fortunate than ourselves as well as the healing of those negatively affected by the WTS. The goals would also include plans to begin to help, on a global scale, educate and lift people out of poverty and oppression. It would be an awesome place to be!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit