It was sad looking at all of my congregation members yesterday!

by RULES & REGULATIONS 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It has been almost 5 years since I went to a boasting session. And even then, things were stagnating. There was a rather big influx of people into the cancer between roughly 1980 and 1988, and then it slowed down. After 1993, it was nothing. Lots of time wasted knocking on doors, almost nothing accomplished except wasting lots of gas and putting out lots of pollution. And, the last time one of those cockroaches had a study, he sounded very exciting that this student (likely someone that had mental or emotional problems) was a new "publisher".

And, from what I have been seeing, it has been getting worse. The new Kingdumb Maladies are even worse than the old ones, which were pxxx poor to begin with. Comments are no longer to include personal integrations of any kind--just what is in the paragraph. They are harping on people to do more different venues of the same crap--drive bys, parking lots, bus stops, phone and letters, and stores. This is a way to make the same crap look fresh--still out of date.

For the record, the last time they tried one of these "new" venues, we went to a big book store. The object was to find people, which the others did (and place wastes of paper with them). Instead, I started browsing books--I did not buy any at that time because it would have been too obvious. However, I stayed clear of any sections where there were other customers. And I was the only one that didn't totally waste that morning.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I find attending the meetings so depressing.

I see old people who have wasted their lives, younger ones wasting their lives and children being taught to how to waste their lives.

I see the hypocritical elders trying to control everyone, often displaying the attitude of "Do what I say; not what I do!".

I hear people worshipping a man made organisation. And yes... It's all very sad.

But then I think, I was duped, I saw the light, I escaped before I rotted away entirely, I'm sure others will too. That makes me feel better.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

From Sir82

Perhaps the saddest part is, she has no idea what a waste it's been....then again, maybe that's a blessing....

A few years back we went on Christmas morning to collect my Mother In Law. We arrived early enough for me to see two J W's I once knew going to the group centre for field ministry. This is a man who I used to go around with as a teen, and his mother. Steve (now must be in his late fifties) was still living in the same street at home with now elderly Mum. They were still knocking on the same doors as they always had, still delivering the same message ...still the same in everything.

A once young man who had achieved nothing...Why ? because he believed the lie of the WTS. [and he was a stick in the mud kind of guy !] but the WTS encourages everyone to "live for the future" whereas in fact we all have to care for the present because all to soon we look up and see that too much of our life has passed .........

BTW .."Kingdumb Maladies " lol ! that is one of your best , WT Wizard ....

• JW83
    JW83

I thank Jehobah every day that I am no longer one of those sad misguided people who give up everything for nothing.

• nugget
    nugget

How can a religon that thinks it will be responsible for running the whole earth post armageddon be so backward? Really if armageddon came tomorrow how many people realistically will need their windows cleaned and their hair cut? The watchtower actions and doctrines don't match at all. It is all about obediance and control. Take Haiti for example where 40 families took refuge in a kingdom hall, were they proactive in helping others or searching for food and water? No they waited there for help to arrive because they had been taught that the GB helps in disasters. It is a religon that teaches passive obediance. That is what is so frustrating, no one is being prepared for a new order or life in a paradise Earth, they are being conditioned to accept whatever they are told and not think for themselves. If they are the only ones left after the big A the human race will starve to death.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

As far as the old lady is concerned I think perhaps the comments are a little harsh. Although her motivation is based on an unsound premise many religious people dedicate themselves to a single life (eg nuns and priests) don't they? I think a lot of it is down to motivation too - if she truly believes she is acting in accordance with God's wishes (assuming there is one at all, which most religious folks would accept), she has spent her life in service and may have had many rewarding experiences and done many kindnesses. It is tempting to view other's lives through the lens of our values but I am not sure hers was a completely wasted life. Who is to say our own lives are any more worthwhile or satisfying?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    she has spent her life in service and may have had many rewarding experiences and done many kindnesses. It is tempting to view other's lives through the lens of our values

How many families have destroyed their relationships with their own due to her misguided 'kindness' and her 'rewarding experiences'?

Her values are certainly not mine.

Chris

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Hi Chris

I agree with you but the original point was about how sad her life was and not what damage she may have done to others or whether her values conflict with yours. I cannot think of any major religion (except perhaps buddhism) which hasn't had a negative impact on many of its followers or those who oppose it at some point during its lifetime. One could even accuse Buddhism of that where in some cases followers isolate themselves from the world (which includes their families) and follow vows of poverty.

Paul

• joelingeorgia
    joelingeorgia

i don't find it any sadder than anyone whose life is ruled by a religion of any kind

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit