If you have NEVER been a witness, tell us why are you here?

by asilentone 16 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
    asilentone

Just wondering.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Married to one and have lots of in-laws who are devout.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`m here because I have a dog that can`t bark and I need everyone here to send me money..

I`m going to send the dog to Yodelling school..

Then I`m going to buy $75.00 face cream so I can look like Brad Pitt and go look for a job..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• dgp
    dgp

I'm here because I fell in love with a witness woman. When she was nothing more than someone I liked, I learned that she had led a horrible life. I searched the internet and landed upon Free Minds, JWFacts, and then here.

This board has taught me just so much about witnesses and the WTS that I feel like I was blind before.

I'm still coming because I keep learning. I want to learn more just in case the witness I love ever needs me. For the time being, she has pushed me out of her life, even though she knows full well that she loves me.

• Gerard
    Gerard

I maried an ex-JW. After getting married, she decided to get reinstated in order to re-establish communication with her parents. She has faded now from the borg and the inlaws are OK. This forum and Freeminds have been invaluable instruments for our education and strategy, as well as support.

• tec
    tec

I did a two year bible study with JW's. Got the Insight into the Scriptures, the Revelations books... as much extra WT information as my mentor could get for me. I had trouble believing everything that I was taught, but finally, I had decided that the WT was the representative of God, and that whatever errors they taught, those would eventually be corrected. Or that I would eventually be given the true knowledge. I was going to join. I had announced it... to my mentor and not my husband (that would have been a battle, to say the least) It was only when I re-read the Revelations book, and that none of those who died during Armageddon would get that promised and very appealing second chance, that I decided to looki up things about JW's from other sources. Thus, I found the unfulfilled prophecies, errors, etc...

I told my mentor the next week. But I also lost all faith in my ability to trust my judgment, and I even felt that perhaps I was wrong, and now denying God and the true way. I know how low and awful and alone I felt then, so I can only imagine how much worse it has been for those who have left on their own, or been df'd.

I could never say anything bad about my mentor. She is sincere, she truly believes, and she still cares for me. I consider her my friend. I think because of her, I often surf JW stuff on the net. Doing so, I found this site. I joined just a couple days ago, so I could comment on a topic that I felt very strongly about.

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Over the last few weeks I've noticed a tendency with some to either discount or try to minimize the words of

those who were never JW's.

I for one am glad that they are on the board contributing. It lets me know that our collective experiences and hardships

of dealing with things JW related are having an effect on others,even to the point of were someone who was never a

JW likes to come here and fellowship and contribute in our discussions.

I myself have been known to frequent a couple other ex sites, such as ex-scientologist and ex-Mormon, even tho I was

never one of them, just to see if their experiences were anything like ours growing up as JW's.

It was a real eye opener to me to say the least of what I found out by going there and seeing how much they do have

in common with us as relating to trying to fit in with humanity after leaving a high control group or organization.

I think we should all take another look at what it says on the homepage of this website in the header. I will

quote it real quick on here and underline the part I feel is very much relevant.

Jehovah's Witness Discussion Forum
    The place to discuss anything relating to Jehovah's Witnesses and the WatchTower Bible and Tract Society... or just make new friends!
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I've never been a witness...I was raised in the troof and never got dipped and I have family members who are part of the bOrg collective

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

I'm another who was married to a JW. Freeminds led me here several years ago, and I signed up to post actively once the divorce was in place. This site has helped me understand why my Ex did and said the things she did, telling me how others coped in similar circumstances, and to learn to forgive what can't be undone. I'll keep coming as long as there's more for me to learn and understand, and for as long as I can be of some modest assistance to others who wake up one morning wondering "What happened?"

• dgp
    dgp

Way to go, GL Tirebiter!

Sometime in the future another unbeliever like us will find him or herself in the very same situation we went or are going through. That person will need someone to relate to. Maybe we will not be here by then, but our posts might help them find a way. Though we were never in, we were affected, some of us not seriously, some of us very, very badly.

This is also the place where we can actually interact with witnesses, some active, some former. We might never get to see your faces, but we do get to see you as much more than Saturday-morning-killjoys. I can't speak for others, but that has another effect on myself. I wonder if any of those who will knock on my door will be the sons or daughters of someone who is posting here. I will not convert, but I will not treat them badly. I thank Mouthy for this pearl of wisdom.

When I see witnesses delivering magazines, sometimes I wonder who among them is in only because of family, or because his or her youth prevents him or her from leaving. Those people could use a helping hand, and I would gladly reach out.

And, I learn. As my witness said, my heart is foolish. Who knows? I keep hoping that some day she'll see the light, and she might need me then.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit