Funny thing happened on the way to Armageddon

by 5thGeneration 11 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

One of my most vivid childhood memories is of standing on the bank of Loch Earn in Perthshire on a family holiday. I must have been about 9 or 10 years old so it was around 1973.

It is a beautiful part of the world, very different from the estate where we lived. Dad was a young elder, with a young family and a physically demanding job.

I remember so clearly we were skimming stones across the water when he said how much he wanted the "new system to come soon" it was a real heartfelt plea.

That was 37 years ago. Now he is retired and they are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary this month (I'm not invited)

It makes me sad to think about.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

It's sad how we all have so many family members and former friends who only see the bad in this world and live for a dream that will never come true. I was told not to work hard in school or plan for college and career because I'd never grow up in this system. Sometimes the cult makes me so angry and resentful but most of the time it just makes me sad for those who still can't see it for what it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit