Going to California Driving From Connecticut

by frankiespeakin 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

If you are cruising near Kansas City, give me a call. You can stay the night in my spare bedroom.

Have fun!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Thanks Robdar,

Same # as before? I'll look at the weather before I go and i might take the 70 route and take you up on your kind offer.

• leec
    leec

I love road trips. Have an excellent trip, stop if you get sleepy, and take pictures!

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Have a safe trip. Get some strong coffee in Barstow, you want to be alert for that last stretch with the crazy Vegas-to-LA traffic!

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

I was just wondering if you can pay the toll with a debit card nowadays? You're, probably, going to have to go through a bunch of them. I have rode from CT to KS several times. It seemed like it was several (a lot) toll booths just between CT and NY. Man, you're going to be spending a lot of money on gas and toll booths. Have your money ready. They get pretty testy with slow payers in NY. The New Yorkers gave me a panic attack when I didn't have my money ready to throw in the money bin (This was years and years ago. I'm sure that they have other methods for paying, now.). Those people laid on their horns! Whew!

We've, also, drove from KS to the South end of Cali and then up North to Sacramento. The mountains scared the hell outta this KS girl!

Anyway, have a safe drive.

• dissed
    dissed

frankiespeakin

Well I was in Tuba City about 20 years ago as well, so we might just know a few people there.

BE SAFE!!! Remember Chavy Chase in National Lampoon Vacation, "No problem, I can stay awake for a few miles more"

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

If you make it to KC...I'm just down the road! I also have a spare bedroom!

I'll pm you my number!

shelley

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Crazyblonde,

I'm right on I 70 in mid mo if you get this way!!

I may be going your way weather permiting perhaps coffee, or something, if you don't mind meeting strangers.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Same # as before? I'll look at the weather before I go and i might take the 70 route and take you up on your kind offer.

Frankie, it's the same number.

• shamus100

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit