Do you have a Jezebel photo?

by feenx 29 Replies latest jw friends

• feenx
    feenx

Alright, so I am sharing some fun tidbits with my fiance about things I remember as a kid growing up. We were trying to remember the woman from the old testament who murdered a king (she went to a Christian school so we both got hammered with the bible) and we couldn't. Inevitably when you're talking about any women from the old testament Jezebel comes up. Who didn't love those stories? lol. So I'm trying to find a picture of Jezebel from the publications. And I can't remember which book it was from, but do you remember the one where Jezebel is like sitting in the window, with a gold goblet, looking COMPLETELY hammered (how did the JW artists know how to portray that??) and all strung out with blood dripping from her mouth?? I can't be the only one that remembers this. Does anyone have a link to that photo, or can at least tell me which book it was in so I can find it?

MUCH appreicated

• Heaven
    Heaven

On page 66 (b) of the "My Book of Bible Stories" is a picture of Jezebel sitting in a window with her arms raised and her hands and fingers curled in the shape of claws with a mean look on her face with her teeth bared. No gold goblet or blood dripping in this pic. Could that be it?

edited to add: This is the First Edition copy from 1978 that I'm referencing.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Here is a pic similar to the one in my book:

• feenx
    feenx

oh god....that definitely brings back memories. AHHH!!! I think the one I am thinking of came out later...and it was in a larger and "adult" book...

• Heaven
    Heaven

Aaaah... ok. I don't have any of the 'newer' books at my place other than "What Does The Bible Really Teach" and I don't see a pic of Jezebel in there. If you have the name of the book I can check it out when I go to my Dad's next.

• JWoods
    JWoods

I think the tent-peg woman who killed the chieftain was Jael (IIRC)?

Could you possibly be remembering the witch riding the wild beast in the Babylon the Great has Fallen?

I believe she is still the only tolerably good-looking woman ever portrayed in WT literature...

• highdose
    highdose

i think you might be getting confused with the picture of babylon the great riding the beast (dirty bitch;) in the revelation book?

• nelly136
    nelly136

try the paradise book

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I found this one:

• Twitch
    Twitch

Is that Alanis Morrisette?

lol

Share this

Google+