Introducing my self

by WasOnceBlind 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• out4good4
    out4good4
    Yeah.....the old "sunk cost" fallacy rears its ugly head......
  • millie210
    millie210

Hi WasOnceBlind,

I am glad to read you have created such a happy life - glad youre here!

• never a jw
    never a jw

Welcome wob

My wife is a JW who decide to marry a non-JW (me) 20 years ago. She was censored for this decision, but married me anyways. However, when the circuit overseer visit came, he must have disapproved what the elders did because, afterwards one of them took her to their private room and sort of gave an apology for censoring her. As expected, he quoted the Bible, the famous Proverbs 4:18, which I guess he arrogantly applied it to themselves. They are the righteous one who get wiser.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious
    My dad would always be talking about how Jehovah didn't want anyone serving him just because they felt like the were being forced to.
    Yeah, that would be about 95% of the members. They are forced either directly (spouse, children) and indirectly (mom, dad, friends).
    ....a JC was created, I wasn't DF'ed because I hadn't actually done anything but was told either dump my fiance or be publicly censored.
    I would have laughed my head off and probably rolled on the floor in front of them. Of course, that's today.
  • KateWild
    KateWild

Thanks for your story I enjoyed reading it.

Kate xx

• Giordano
    Giordano
    Welcome! Write more stuff about your life out of the JW world.
  • bradford
    bradford

Welcome. I have had many friends who were illegal in the US. Weirdly they could give no. 3 or no.4 talks depending on what year you are referencing the ministry school and they could handle mics. But they could never become servants or pioneers until they were legal.

If/when you read crisis of conscience and it's follow up In Search of Christian Freedom it is so hypocritical how they skirt issues to allow gildead graduates to stay in their assigned country. Like they have a work assignment but don't really work. They put up this front in so many ways but hold your normal every day hard working brother/sister back.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy
    Welcome, I am glad you are happy and you were young when you got out. Life is good without the control of that wacky religion.
  • WasOnceBlind
    WasOnceBlind
    bradforda day ago

Welcome. I have had many friends who were illegal in the US. Weirdly they could give no. 3 or no.4 talks depending on what year you are referencing the ministry school and they could handle mics. But they could never become servants or pioneers until they were legal.

That is another thing that always bugged me, a lot of these rules seemed so arbitrary! I would often visit other congregations (I admit mainly to check out and meet new girls) and would see that a lot of the stuff that wasn't allowed in one would be in another. Example, I had a friend with a receding hairline at a young age (around 21) he wanted to shave his head because honestly the hairline made him look about 15 years older. He was told if he did he would loose all "privileges", at the same time I would visit other congregations and see that brothers with shaved heads not only were allowed they were giving talks on Sundays!

• flipper
    flipper
    WASONCEBLIND- Welcome to the board. Nice having you here. Thanks for sharing your story- very interesting. I'm happy for you that you and your wife and children are free not trapped in this criminal organization called the WT Society. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit