My almost 80 year old elderly JW father is getting remarried.....

by skeeter1 22 Replies latest jw friends

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

A wedding is in the works for my dad! He's been very lonely since my mother's death. The bride's in her 80's, and a lonely JW who lost her husband a few years back. They have dated over the phone for about a year, seen her in person for about 8 days total, and is now going to marry her. I am glad that he is not going to be lonely anymore.

But, isnt' it wierd that two, active and very elderly JWs would remarry in this "System of things", especially if they whole-heartedly believe Paradise is close by? It's one thing to be in youth's passionate hormonal rage and marry, expecting a life of many years together . . . but, both of these people are going to likely die in a few years (my dad's in not good heatlh, to boot).

What is even wierder is that over the past few years, my father has refused to do anything with his home...alluding that he wanted to keep it just so for mom when she is ressurected. He put in a new kitchen floor by necessity, and had to have our opinion on whether my mom will be pleased with his selection in the New World! Now, he has let go and is going to remove my mother's wallpaper, decorations, paint the walls a nuetral white, and likely sell it!

Does he doubt my mom will come back to her home in the New System? By the way, my mother was an extremely city gal, but my dad, love him, was a grease monkey mechanic slob. They were NOT evenly yoked and they fought, fought fought, both psychically and mentally. So, I don't think she'd really want to be with him or even chased by him in the New World. So, in whatever afterlife...I'm sure my mother will also be smiling that he got remarried.

And, I really think it's all great, that he's moving on with his life.

But, I'm not sure why he is doing it... he doesn't really believe the End is close? Does my father not believe in the ressurection? I have been telling him about the cult qualities of the JWs & Society flip flops on date(s), 1914, etc. ...did I put a doubt in him? Is he "going for the gold" in the current system? Getting remarried at such an old age really leads me to think that neither of these two really believe in the WTS.

Anyway, the new bride has told my dad that she wouldn't shun me. My father only calls me with family news, such as this wedding, so I am not holding my breath on that one!

So, cheers to my JW dad for "going for the gold" in this worldly system; and not waiting on Jehovah's paradise!

Skeeter

• Think About It
    Think About It

Good for him bother. Hope he's able to knock the bottom out of it. Enjoy life while you can. Wish him and her many happy years.

Think About It

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Wish him and her many happy years.

Thanks, now I know how I can sign the wedding card!

Skeeter

• nugget
    nugget

Perhaps he remembers that the resurrected will be like the angels and will not be married so their relationship will have fundamentally changed according to JW doctrine.

I hope this marriage works out for them both.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Good for them! Old people need love, too, and it's great that they found it.

• yesidid
    yesidid
    Old people need love, too

And the older you are the more desperately do you need it.

The loneliness of old age is indescribably sad.

y

• undercover
    undercover

Your mom sure is going to be upset when she's resurrected only to find some new woman in her newly remodeled kitchen...

• shamus100
    shamus100

So if you believed in the fairy tale (which I'm pretty sure you DON'T!), your real mother would be single again.

Oh well. If it was true, wouldn't she have a surprise waiting for her in the New system (tm)

• Quillsky
    Quillsky
    The bride's in her 80's

She's a bit of a cougar then?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

As long as they don`t have kids,it should all work out..

.................. ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit