***URGENT Advice Needed***

by babygirl30 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

Are blood Transfusions forbidden by God?
    Jehovah's Witnesses are taught that blood transfusions are a violation of scripture, what do the scriptures really teach?

http://www.biblestudents.net/food4jws/wt_beliefs/

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Scully remembered an important detail, don't overlook it:

When the clerk in the admissions department at the hospital asks you if you have any religious affiliation, say NO.

This reduces the HLC, elders, etc. to being members of the general public with no special privileges allowed to the clergy.

Take care,trust your caregivers, and let us all know how well it went when you're rested up afterwards.

GLT

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I hope you get this in time, and I wish the very best outcome for you.

Tell the people in the hospital that you USED to be a JW, and that at your mother's suggestion, they may show up to try to interfere with your procedure. Emphasize that you are not a JW and if they do show up, you want them to leave or be arrested for harassing you.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

By now, you've probably already come through the surgery with flying colors, I hope! I just wanted to add:

Twice I've had to contact my jw mom about family medical history. Once when I had emergency surgery, and a second time when I had a cancer scare. After the surgery, she too offered to let me move back home, so she could care for me. It ddin't make much sense since I would've had to endure a four-hour drive just to get to her house. I figured if she really cared, she would've offered to make the trip and care for me in my home. She did it for her "worldly" sister who lived several hours away, but I guess I wasn't worthy of that kind of treatment.

During the cancer scare she actually had an objection to the use of an IUD, whch was going to be used to treat a serious secondary problem. She was under the impression that it would cause an abortion in the very unlikely case that I ever became pregnant. When I asked my doctor about it, she said the concern was ridiculous.

I've already determined that if/when I have an other medical emergencies, I will not contact my mom. I wouldn't care if she heard the news from someone else, but she won't hear it from me. It's just not worth the hassle.

Please let us know how you're doing.

• snowbird
    snowbird

bttt

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

"Mom I appreciate your concern, I'm very comfortable with the doctor I chose for my operation and wouldn't feel comfortable changing the doctor at this late hour."

That would be the easiest response why you wouldn't go to the other doctor's office.

For the blood thing;

"I told the doctor my concern about getting a blood transfusion. The doctor assured me it would be a last resort. I'm going to accept a blood transfusion because it will only be of red blood cells if transfused which whole blood is made up of white blood cells, platelets, plasma and red blood cells. I'm not getting whole blood so my conscience tells me it would be OK to accept red blood cells transfused. It is a conscience matter whether or not to receive portions of blood right?"

That would be the most diplomatic answer to your mother regarding the blood transfusion. If she raises an issue about red blood cells simply say "At what point is blood no longer considered blood? Does it really boil down to the cell membrane between hemoglobin and red blood cells? Are you a scientist that can tell me exactly the point where blood is no longer considered blood, or better yet are you God to tell me when the scripture abstain from blood no longer applies when blood has been separated?"

That should pretty much end it.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Looking forward to your update BabyGirl. Hope everything went well and you're healing up stress-free (or at least stress-minimized).

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hope all is well and getting better every minute!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit