40 Years of Mental Terrorism

by Dogpatch 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Stan Conroy
    Stan Conroy

Hey Geddy,

They sure busted your chops!! Kind of like being publicly reproved huh? LOL

Should I "mark" you now as bad association?

Stan

(p.s. I wish I had seen your post!)

• butalbee
    butalbee

Wow. Reading the letter made me cry. It is so true.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Great letter!

Bravo!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

What a beautifully written and heartfelt letter! I don't think any of us could express our feelings better than Louise did. Mouthy, dear Grandmother Of The Year, please give this lovely lady a hug from me. (And if you could, please find out if she's related to the Plasketts who lived in St. Croix, because I knew the family.)

Lots of love,

Nina

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

As cruzenheart said, What a beautifully written and heartfelt letter! I don't think any of us could express our feelings better than Louise did.

Louises letter hits home for a lot of us but, we could never express it as she has.

Grandma Mouthy you have said, She has been severely abuse all her life. & is in a suicidal position much of the time.

By Louises letter who would know. Her words so strong her conviction stated plainly. Tell her when next you speak with her our prays are with her. She is an amazing woman to have been through so much and yet have so much left over to give and share.

Let her know her Mental Terrorism Letter is on copy for me to share and pass out. Although suffering is senseless what she has gone through because of her person and countenance has been for not. What Louise has lived and learned we are now learning and because of people like her(willing to share their lives with others) not experiencing for to long the suffering of cult membership.

Yizuman, you stated, I've dealt with people like that all my life, people making fun of people simply because they are "different". It's called, "ignorance".

Although yours is from disability I can empathize, as I am Latina in an Anglo world. Believe me may not seem like what youve experience but on some things it can be alike. For instance in the 50s and 60s my father was not aloud a table at many restaurants of The U.S.A.! Can you imagine? His bosses treated him as if he had no brain yet he was smarter then them and their cousins! I have my own experiences in this so called melting pot and Free Country that would make your hair curl! Still and all I assure you Geddy Lee is not like that. He is just enjoying his freedom from WT Rule and got carried away a bit. It is not easy to see someone who is happy being a slave. Still it is all free choice, which I support.

STAN CONROY: In your case I did not intend to BUST CHOPS. I was speaking up for a friend. Believe me I am a woman and if I so chose my tongue can be like a double-edged sword! Geddy Lee is someone I respect on this board but at the same time Happyman is my friend. This could have been a conundrum but, Geddy was so kind about it. In my book Geddy is always good associations no matter what his opinions! Just I hate peoples feelings hurt. I didnt expect anyone else to notice and comment except for me. So in that case I do apologies. Because I hate gang ups on anyone over how they view things. Still my apology would be to Geddy Lee and he can e-mail me any day to receive it. Glad he has a friend like you to stick up for him though.

Para ti Geddy Lee for being so kind as to retract your remarks....

Still and all this thread is about Louises letter and I hope everyone paid attention and has copied it and put it on favorites.

Agape,

Ciao for now,Utopian_Raindrops

Edited by - Utopian_Raindrops on 8 January 2003 5:40:2

• Dia
    Dia

Very eloquent.

We share your rage.

Just around the corner is the realization (from the song, 'Go Up Moses'), 'Without you, there is no Pharaoah, so all you have to do to let him go is let him go'.

It's almost TOO easy. And that's the real horror of it.

But you will see, there is MUCH life ahead of you.

While you're trying to get away from them, mentally, take some time to try to fill up those now empty spaces with new, good things.

There is a whole world of beautiful things for you to learn about, experiment with and to try. Everything they took away from you and more things you never even knew existed.

Not that it will all be a bed of roses. But when you fall down, get back up again.

Your life is beginning.

And we've all been there.

Thank you for your very beautiful words. Eloquent.

• Stan Conroy
    Stan Conroy

Hi UR,

I wasn't referring to your post. It was the other one that was meant to cut Geddy down a notch or two. You were polite and respectful as always. And yes, Geddy and I have been friends for a long time (over 25 years)!

Stan

• outnfree
    outnfree

So glad this post was resurrected. It's very well done! Thank you, Louise. And thank you, Randy.

((((((Grace))))))) I've said a prayer. I'll try to remember to include your friend in future prayers as well. We could all use some surcease from suffering.

Love,

out

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit