Circuit Overseers

by Eiben Scrood 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Metatron, I think the attitude you describe is part of the job description for a DO. Rarely does a kind and compassionate CO get the promotion to DO level. A DO has to be a jackass who can speak with authority.

• crapola
    crapola

There was one I remember named Larry Bennett that made me feel like he was staring through the sisters clothes.

And then another was such a jerk, I can't even remember his name. Sooner might be able to recall him. But his face would have cracked if he smiled!

Some were extemely nice. Oh I rmemeber one, last name was Martinelli, he later got df'd for adultery.

• dissed
    dissed

Welcome aboard Eiben. No, I'm from the Southwest, so none ring a bell.

Jookbeard - "like regional sales managers???"

My last CO, a real jerk, shared with me stats on the circuit from previous CO's. Down trends, etc....

But get this, he felt the WTS sent him in to correct the problems caused by the last two. (Both who I thought were pretty good) The DO and somebody from the service desk had talked to him about our problems. Of course, this was only his 2nd circuit assignment, which made him 'special' I guess.

I forget his name, but he had just given up being a Dr. and a prestigious teaching job at a University to become a CO.

We didn't get along very well. After a falling out, he admonished me and my wife, "that we should do the WTS a favor and just leave the organization" We did.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

For me R.L. Jones was the realest CO EVER!!!

DUde had raised kids and really spoke to the heart of a matter. HE was a regular guy who just happened to be a CO.

Another that stood out to me was ellingworth or ellington cant remember. He was a DO and MTS instructor. He was mad cool, like the Bill Clinton of DO's. HE also spoke to the heart of matters from a logical reasoned manor.

Thankfully I have forgotten the worst. I remember one who I really disliked when I was at bethel (another weird thing about Bethel there is this gap or divide between CO's and Bethelites.) Weirdes CO would have to be Sqeeky clean smith. I believe his name was robert smith but this cat was on a cleanlinest jones that just wouldn't stop. Ironically he and RL jones were my pioneer school instructors.

• oppostate
    oppostate
    Welcome! I think that Rodricks (or however it's spelled) is or was recently a DO in the Northeastern U.S.

Yeah, past CO. He ended up in Massachussets as DO. Natick Assembly Hall. 
    His real name is Rodrigues, it's a Portuguese name but he likes to hide that fact.
    He prefers an Anglo pronunciation of Rodricks. He's the one that got me to be
    conscious. (If I can borrow the illustration often used on this forum about 'the
    conscious class'). He's a real company man and loves politicking. He likes perks
    and depends on many a well to do brother for 'perks' for him and his wife.

BTW he's one to ask about pedo-cases and Society's keeping stumm.
  • Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

metatron - you perfectly summed up Rodericks. He was a born actor. I remember one sister even asked him if he took acting lessons. For all of his ability to be entertaining, he had a deep mean streak. On his last visit to my congregation he chastised the whole congregation at the conclusion of his last talk for not being welcoming enough when he first got there. I couldn't believe my ears.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    Another that stood out to me was ellingworth or ellington cant remember. He was a DO and MTS instructor. He was mad cool, like the Bill Clinton of DO's. HE also spoke to the heart of matters from a logical reasoned manor.

Darth ....

Yes, his name was Illingworth I believe. He was a DO and stayed at our house when I was a kid. We were the host cong for the circuit assembly that time when you got both the CO and DO for the week.

Yes, he was, in relative terms, a cool dude. Even the local elders said he would have been a top CEO type at a large company with his knowledge of a wide range of issues, his communication skills and overall way of making you feel good when he spoke to you. And he was not the type to threaten or belittle someone. My father said that when they had their elders meeting with him, it was so different from what they typically got from the CO visit. He was very uplifting.

Rub a Dub

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

the weirdest one was gary lagana (toupe' man)

• Think About It
    Think About It

We didn't get along very well. After a falling out, he admonished me and my wife, "that we should do the WTS a favor and just leave the organization" We did.

What a loving brother this CO was. F'n self-righteous jerk.

Think About It

• TardNFeatheredJW
    TardNFeatheredJW

I remember Dentler and Condillis. I wouldn't know them now, its been 18 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit