No fortune in my fortune cookie: Should I be worried?

by dissed 21 Replies latest jw friends

• leec
    leec

I'm embarrassed to say, I honestly can't tell if this is serious or just kidding around. People don't honestly ponder the meaning of having no piece of paper in the cookie, do they?

... It means the same thing as when there's a bit more filling sticking out of one of the holes in the bottom of a twinkie than there is usually.

• leec
  • Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I've gotten the cookies with no fortune, too. I just figure that it means that I can make up my own fortune.

I've also gotten the cookies with two fortunes in them. Does that mean that both will come true? Or that one cancels the other?

But - to be sure that the fortune comes true, you're supposed to say, "...in the bedroom." after you read your fortune aloud to the other people at the table... no matter how it sounds.

Regards,

Jim TX

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

It means the fortune cookie machine ran out of fortune cookie paper messages and the guy that runs the machine probably reloaded it and forgot to discard your cookie, he was probably trying to save money or had other machines to tend to.

That being the case I wouldn't walk under any ladders, break any mirrors, and by all means don't go any where on Friday the 13th, or cross the path of a black cat. Don't step on any cracks in the side walk(it will break your mother back), and avoid as much as possible walking backward on escalators.

• Scully
    Scully

You're in trouble. You're like the people in FlashForward who didn't have a FlashForward.

just kidding....

• AudeSapere
  • AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

... or if you don't like surprises, pick one here: http://apriltuesday.wordpress.com/quotes/fortune-cookies/

Good Luck!

-Aude.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Wasn't that the premise of the movie "Final Destination - part IV"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsL2c2HL0J4

• dissed
    dissed

I guess it was my good fortune to share this experience with you. "Its nothing to worry about dissesd"

And leec, yes it was meant not to be taken too seriously, or was it?

But as an old Chinese fortune cookie proverb says......

He that looks too much into the cookie, sees himself in a mirror that is bent several ways.

And nobody answered my question. Is it okay for the JW's to read them? Or is there a demon surprise in each fortune cookie?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I like Confucius says:

Women with blond hair on top have black by cracky

Man who walk with hands in pocket feels cocky all day

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit