Did You Know A Lot Of "Very Intelligent" JWs?

by minimus 64 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Very well stated opinions here!

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

On the other hand, Paralipomenon, I wouldn't say children are stimulated from an early age. Rather, they are indoctrinated, and given ideas they can use to argue with others.

My definition of stimulation, for example, would be something like "Have you stopped to think why we have to obey everything the Governing Body says?"

Would I be correct in assuming that you don't have children?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

These people make a virtue out of ignorance, by emphasizing this scripture :

1 Cor 1 26

For YOU behold his calling of YOU, brothers, that not many wise in a fleshly way were called, not many powerful, not many of noble birth; 27 but God chose the foolish things of the world, that he might put the wise men to shame; and God chose the weak things of the world, that he might put the strong things to shame; 28 and God chose the ignoble things of the world and the things looked down upon, the things that are not, that he might bring to nothing the things that are, 29 in order that no flesh might boast in the sight of God.

In my time I have known a Professor who lived up to the "absent minded professor " stereotype. He must have been intelligent but somehow, it did not show???

I have known a few men of lesser education though who excelled and practical wisdom and insight of people . These were guys that I was proud to serve with when I was a young elder. They were older, of course, and by now must have died or be old men....What I see of the current crop does not give reason to think it will get better.

Most dubs are like my mother was , impressed with the books and happy to be taught by those whom they think know more. At least that is the older generation .

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Yes I have crossed paths with some very intelligent jws. I remember one co who had a photographic memory. He could tell you the page and paragraph in WTS publications that contained information. Though he is not a co anymore, he is still extremely intelligent. I have know medical doctors who became jws.

So there are some very intelligent and talented jws and there are many who are not.

• dgp
    dgp

Para, I won't tell you whether I have children because I don't want to give any personal information about myself.

Now, I do see your point: If you teach your children to question authority, they will question your own authority in a snap. And there will be no practical way to educate them. Well, let's say that I would love children, born to all parents, to reach the point where no authority is beyond questioning, not even mine. It would spare the world many a dictator, abuser, manipulator, illuminati and governing body member.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit