Mention of U.N. as the "beast" is diminishing dramatically in WT

by Gayle 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Feb 2009 Koolaid confirms the teaching, but that is the latest I can find.

The wisdom from above” helps us to understand “the mystery of the woman and of the [scarlet-colored] wild beast that is carrying her.” (Jas. 3:17) This symbolic wild beast began as the League of Nations and was later revived as the United Nations. Should not the unraveling of this mystery move us to be zealous in preaching the good news of God’s Kingdom and proclaiming the day of Jehovah’s judgment?

It would be a bit tough to get rid of the doctrine. All of their oldies were brought up with this being hammered into them and they would have to find a new suspect to transfer the title to. They have only recently studied Rev Climax again, which is full of it, so the young ones have had a recent dose too.

Cheers

Chris

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

This symbolic wild beast began as the League of Nations and was later revived as the United Nations.

Should not the unraveling of this mystery move us to be zealous in preaching the good news

This progression of logic makes no sense at all.

CULT.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Part of the being an NGO is that even before you become linked with the UN, you have to promote the UN and its works.

I am not sure how quoting UN and WHO (world health organisation which is a part of the un) statistics is promoting the UN, but it does seem funny that the WTS is quoting stats from a group that they have deemed "a front for satan!"

Btw, I noticed a mention (in some excerpts posted here from recent mags) about leoprosy. A very brief mention. But I wondered if this was a stab at promoting some of the "new world holidays" instituted by UN because World Leoprosy Day was in Jan.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

The wisdom from above” helps us to understand “the mystery of the woman and of the [scarlet-colored] wild beast that is carrying her.” (Jas. 3:17) This symbolic wild beast began as the League of Nations and was later revived as the United Nations.

Scarlet colored beast=Red Heifer is the image of it, not the UN

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Well if you are in bed with somebody - it is best not to criticize too much

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

and yes - I noticed too - the drop off in mentions

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit