Does anybody else feel relieved that they won't be tortured during the great tribulation?

by doublelife 35 Replies latest jw friends

• doublelife
    doublelife

I grew up hearing about different ways people have been tortured in the past and was always scared of going through that during the GT. It was always an unhealthy obsession of mine. I always thought that I was more worried about it than other jws and that I would end up renouncing my faith to get out of it. And I've heard that a lot of people who realize the WTS scam have problems coming to terms with their own mortality. But I feel like I had immediate relief. I realized I would die one day and I actually prefer that over the GT and armageddon. Even though I don't know what to expect after death, I don't know whether or not there will be an afterlife, I'm okay with not knowing and I don't fear it. Of coarse, I don't want to die right now. But I'm okay with living my life till I grow old and then dying. I no longer worry about having someone rip my nails off or poke my eyes out or drown me or anything else that someone could do to inflict pain on me. Does anybody else feel this way?

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi DL,

Depends if you believe the bible or the WT?

John 5:28 (New International Version)

28 "Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice

Acts 24:15 (New International Version)

15 and I have the same hope in God as these men, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked.

Daniel 12:2 (English Standard Version)

2 And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Matthew 25:46 (English Standard Version)

46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

Blessings,

Stephen

• doublelife
    doublelife

Chalam,

Thanks for the scriptures but I'm not talking about the resurrection nor what the scriptures actually teach. I was talking about being relieved that there will be no great tribulation(as depicted by WTS), hence no torture, even if it means that you will die one day. A lot of ex-jws are troubled when they realize they will die but I feel more relief than anything. I'd rather die of old age than go through the great tribulation and I wondered if anyone else felt that way.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It was Torture listening to that Crap..

The WBT$ is run by Idiots!..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• dinah
    dinah

Yes, Doublelife! Definitely it was a weight off. I'm not sure how old you are, but I remember the horrific stories from Malawi. Yes, old age does sound much nicer.

I would imagine all these awful scenes when I was a small kid.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Yeah, like OUtlaw said, many of us have been tortured to death for many years......see you on the otherside!

r.

• Oceanblue
    Oceanblue

Yeah, I def. was terrified because the way I understood it was that it would be like what the JWs went throught during WW2. I didn't know what would happen to me or my family. Would we be separated? Would they burn our house down bc we had WTS magazine, books and bibles? Overall, it was just every scary to me. Now, I'm like whatever, lol!

• lancelink
    lancelink

Outlaw summed it up very nicely !

• cofty
    cofty

When I was a kid everybody in the borg seemed obsessed with persecution and what might happen. It was really sick and difficult for a child to deal with.

The graphic details of what happened in Milawi made it much worse. Not happy memories at all

• journey-on
    journey-on

When I was a kid, I, too, worried about the GT and persecutions. I was so afraid "they" were going to hold my mama and daddy up to a gun or knife and make me renounce Jehovah or "they" would kill them. What would I do!? Such a terrifying thought for a little kid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit