would you date this guy???

by highdose 18 Replies latest jw friends

• highdose
    highdose

about 2 weeks ago i met a guy online, we chatted on the phone one evening and had a good conversation and aranged to go on a date this friday coming.

Since then i have heard almost nothing at all from him! I think about 2 texts and thats it! In one of the texts he hints that he would like to see a picture of me "wearing alot less". right like thats gonna happen!

ok people...i'm a novice at this dating game, help me out here. What would you do???

• cantleave
    cantleave

Sounds like a jerk to me from the limited info you have supplied.

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

I think its clear what his intentions are and he wants to know if you are of the same mind. I had a guy who text me and very quickly he got talking to me on a pretty low level. When I didnt reciprocate he stopped texting. He wasnt interested in ME, just what he thought may happen. Be careful, and dont arrange to meet him too quickly. Leave it for now and see what his intentions are through his text messages. If he turns out to be ok...then arrange to meet him when you feel comfortable.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..

Did`nt the last guy you dated,bring another woman for a 3some?..

This guy does`nt sound much better..

You might want to try E-harmony dating service..

They Weed out the Wierdo`s,for you..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Depends on what you want from a date.

Sounds like you can learn more on Friday. If he doesn't show, you can cross him off your list.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Highdose......if he was seriously attracted, I would think you would have gotten more communication in that 2 week span. (texts, calls, e-mail) I would think he would want to make a quick connection with you before somebody else does. The "picture of you wearing less" is just a test of your boundry. (he's a guy) Whether you send it is up to you, but sounds like you are not going to do it. Be comfortable being ourself and the right guy will come along.

I can't remember how long ago you left JW's, but I think I remember something about just getting off the meds. Last thing you need is a bad relationship to go along with JW withdraw.

Think About It

• LittleSister
    LittleSister

Not sure this guy is worth the dating sound a dodgy, but if you do decide to go keep it casual maybe met for coffee and have an exit strategy in case the date goes bad e.g. get a friend to text or phone part way through so you can use the call as an excuse to leave if you need to.

Also make sure people know where you are and who you are meeting just to be safe.

Remember dating should be fun and you only get better with practice.

• John Doe
    John Doe

You haven't met him yet. Go on the date, and don't make it into more than it is. If he's a slob, then bid him goodnight and leave it at that. Dating is about getting to know someone, nothing more.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> Since then i have heard almost nothing at all from him!

> Sounds like a jerk to me from the limited info you have supplied.

Ahhh yes. This is the paradox facing all dating men:

1. Do I call/text frequently (one or two times a week)

or

2. Do I only call/text occationally (once every few weeks).

If a guy does #1, he is "too available", needy or insecure.
    If a guy does #2 he is a jerk.

Come on ladies... what do you want??? I just had a girl blow me off (not in the good way) because I texted too often (once or twice a week). I was "too available".

• asilentone
    asilentone

It would be a very good idea for you to do background check on him!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit