Suicide and other Fluff part1

by unclebruce 16 Replies latest jw friends

• ladonna
    ladonna

((((((((Uncle Bruce)))))))))

Thankyou for sharing this with us. It is so personal, and yet in the sharing you allow us to see why you are such a gentle, kind and caring soul.

We here are very fortunate to have you on this DB.

Love,
    Ana

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

(((( unclebruce ))))

In 1975 a crack team of publishers was sentenced to death by a judicial commiteee. They promptly escaped from the cult and now live life on the run. If you have a problem ... and if you can find them ... maybe you can contact the A--postate Team"

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

((((uncle lee))))

thanks for sharing, darlin

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Thanks everyone,

that was all a generation ago so no more sympathetic hugs OK? lol well ok just little quicky's .. you folks are the best

Uncanny,

I see your point about suicide being the ultimate sulk. Your father tore his family apart and threw it to the winds. But I guess the man was deeply troubled, not thinking straight and just couldn't face lifes pain anymore. For all i know Fergus mightn't have had the slightest twinge of love for you, but as a father who's done some stupid things I doubt it. (after all you're such a lovable guy lol ;)

I'd best get off and write part two of the suicide fluff trilogy. (too many experiences and too little time ... where does a man start? lol :(

cheers, unc

PS: You still driving that big gas guzzling tank? I thought you said you had a horse? lol.

• Englishman
    Englishman

1969. I'm renting a house in Portsmouth. One day I discover a serious structural problem and notify the City engineers dept. We get re-housed, the landlord commits suicide because he's so worried about the money. Thank you, Mr Landlord.

1971. An ex has an affair, can't cope, takes overdose, tells me, I rush her to the hospital for stomach pump. She survives.

1971. My friends wife visits, gets maudlin drunk, takes overdose, tells me, I rush her to the same hospital for stomach pump. Hi, weren't you here last month? She survives.

1971. Man next door bangs on my door. Wife has taken an overdose, tells him, I rush her to the same hospital for stomach pump. Hi Mike, nice weather today, wasn't it? She survives.

1971. I badly gash my hand with broken glass, am driven to hospital dripping blood everywhere. Hi Mike, who is it this time?

1999. A very close friend comes to visit because he's worried
    sick about his daughters depression. His son and my son have been best friends for years. I tell him that given time she will recover, possibly she will benefit from the experience and assist others. That night she hanged herself.

2000. My neighbour is 90 years old. She tells me that her mother killed herself when she was just 14. She's spent 76 years thinking if only...

And there is another experience that I won't talk about here.

So yes, I too have very mixed feelings about suicides.

Englishman.

Bring on the dancing girls!

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

G'day Englishman,

I have a list like yours with about two dozen survivors and successfulls and i'm trying to get my head around how to write part2. "Lee the bastard" lol anyhow i better start typing like i promised ...

I too have one i'm loath to talk about, but bugger it i will anyway.

cheers unc.

===

They called at me through the fence
    They were not making any sense
    They claimed that I had lost the plot
    Kept saying that I was not
    The man I used to be
    They held their babes aloft
    Threw marsh mellows at the Security
    And said that I'd grown soft
    Call it intuition, call it a creeping suspicion,
    But their words of derision meant they hardly knew me
    For even I could see in the way they looked at me
    The Spear of Destiny sticking right through me
    Oh Lord Oh my lord
    Oh Lord
    How have I offended thee?
    Wrap your tender arms round me
    Oh Lord Oh lord
    Oh My Lord

Nick Cave and the Bad Beeds

===

• ladonna
    ladonna

((((((((Uncanny))))))

(((((((JayHawk)))))))

(((((((Englishman)))))))

(((((((Unc)))))))

Ok you guys, you may not want the hugs or kisses, but you got 'em anyway
    Seeing as you don't have my passcode, you can't take 'em away either.....!!!!!

I am so sorry you have "all" had to suffer so much. Sometimes life sux, and I don't mind admitting that.

For any others that have gone through the same thing with loved ones........hugs and smoochies to you too.
    No one should have to suffer this kind of pain.

Love,
    Ana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit