Our 'Mediator'?

by MidwichCuckoo 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Chalam
    Chalam

I've many times heard JWs criticise Catholic leaders(''noooo, never, surely not'', I hear you say, lol) for reading the Scriptures in Latin so the congregation are unable to share. The WT is doing exactly the same.

Of course they are doing far worse, they are twisting and distorting the message to the point they contradict the very bible itself.

Salvation is simple but the WT neither teach this or put it into practice.

Romans 10:9 (New International Version)

9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Blessings,

Stephen

• designs
    designs

In terms of twisting and distorting Jesus the Western Protestant/Catholic/Fundamentalist views have to be at the top of the List.

Here you have a Jesus as God who Saves people from a Hell he created and predestined humans to. Talk about an ethically messed up concept, it makes the goofiness and shortcomings of the Society's views on Jesus pale in comparison.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

designs - yes (if I understand you correctly), I agree. Yet the WT is saying to the R&F that they are (basically) not 'worthy' of communicating through Jesus, and despite what is written in the Bible, it is not for them but just for an elite group within the Org- the WT interpreting the Bible, and Jesus' words, to its own ends and thus 'depriving' its members of a closer relationship with God (just as they accuse the Catholics). Jesus, of course, is NOT limited just on the instruction of mere men - and it's arrogant of the GB to promote this thought.

• designs
    designs

Midwich,

Authority figures, if we let them, can have powerful influences over us, we experienced that as Witnesses and many others who are part of various religions experience something similar. The same dissonance that clouded our thinking and judgement is very much in evidence among those Fundamentalist's who come here preaching their concepts. Some one says Jesus is only for a few or Jesus saves from Hell is all based on some power trip and not healthy. Breaking free, rethinking ideas we were engrained with takes time but utlimately liberating.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit