Just don't know what to do.

by Weeping 74 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
  • Robdar
    Robdar

Sylvia, I love the story of Philip. You should write more of it.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Rob, I've got collections of stuff.

I'm gonna get to that book one of these days!

Thanks.

Sylvia

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I also know these are the kindest,most loving people on Earth.

My mileage has varied. There are good and bad people everywhere. I'm glad your congregation seems a positive place for you. I wonder, though, if they'd be as kind and loving to you if they knew you had doubts; in my experience, you would then be shunned.

Such people must be guided by the Holy Spirit.

I don't know about that. The most compassionate people I know happen to be atheist.

I went out into the world when I was a teenager and in my early 20's. I began smoking and drinking. I began to have an attitude of 'what's in it for me' like all the other worldly people. I stole from my family and even dabbled in demonic rituals and Satan worship. One evening while attending l concert, i passed out after trying marijuana. I came to and could not think properly.

Glad to know you're not perfect! No one is. I went out into the world about the same time, and found less drug addiction and fascination with the occult out in "the world" than within the organization - my peers in my congregation were extremely curious and some rather self destructive, one a proud heroin user that liked to show off his needle marks. Our experiences have been different.

I immediately contacted the Elders.

There's not an elder on the planet that I would trust, but that's just me. Maybe because the rapist I knew was an elder.

I've lived a clean life since those times and I just don't want to return to that lifestyle.

That's always your choice, and more power to you! I think if I hadn't left I would already be dead from "that lifestyle". Instead, I escaped.

The world is truly a dangerous place and satan truly will devour a person.

Well, the world can be a dangerous place no matter where you are. Perhaps it is always safer to keep an eye out for what's going on around you.

There is no love outside of the organisation.

That is not my experience.

• LittleSister
    LittleSister

Dear Weeping,

It seems that you have a very one sided view of the World which springs from the JW tendency to blame all bad occurences on Satan and then give praise to Jehovah for all positive events and experiences.

Yes the Org can feel like a safe loving place when being out in the world has been such a nightmare, however, the reason your time in the world was so awful was because of bad choices not Satan. Had you made different choices your experiences would have been very different and possibly a lot more positive.

I read a great book a long time ago called "You can heal your life". It helped me to take responsibility for my actions, take control and stop blaming others.

There are good and bad things about the JW Org, but for me personally the bad things have outweighed the good. I cannot support or teach others doctrines that I do not agree with and feel are ultimately harmful.

• yknot
    yknot

I am glad you have joined!!!

We do have a wide variety of posters!!!

However I would think it would be far more beneficial to address your first post rather than your second.......

SO what exactly do you disagree with theologically?

Why do you assume that you would return to a life of being 'lost'? I mean you aren't the exact same person as you were then....you have other experiences that would shape your choices.

I hope you will allow us to help you or to at least have some meaningful conversations on your observations and experiences.

What are your thoughts on the latest generation clarification?

• cry
    cry

Welcome Weeping, from Cry.................our user names tells a story don't you think?! It shows just how this mixed up relgion makes you feel. I doubt very much if you have been shown much love from this organisation. I know that I NEVER DID. And, if you make your doctrinal concerns known along with the fact that you have been on this website you will find yourself out in the cold......no questions asked. There are many viewpoints here, from atheists to born again Christians, we all tolerate each other. One thing we all have in common is our complete distaste for the way the JW organisation treats anybody who questions the 'truth'. This is not love. This is intolerance, and the mark of a cult. So what, you got involved with weed, and dabbled in demon practice. You have got that sorted out, so don't dwell on it. Forgive yourself and move on. Take it a step at a time - it is a lot to take in, but stop beating yourself up, you can make your own mind up...............you now don't need to be told what to believe.

• crapola
    crapola

Not all worldly people are bad. That's what I used to think but I've met many nice people who are not JW'S and they don't try to influence me to do bad things half as much as some of the "brothers" in the congregation did.

• Weeping
    Weeping

Thank you all. I understand what you mean. Maybe I shouldn't judge all worldly people based on those I knew. But in my experiences they all seemed so lost. Group sex, the occult and hard core drug use were the norm. You can at least admire the brothers helping us steer clear of these traps that are so easy to fall in to.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Robdar, Carla - How about giving someone the benefit of the doubt before you start throwing the usual labels around based on 3 posts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit