Were You Afraid To Talk Out Loud For Fear The Demons Might Hear You?

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• chickpea
    chickpea

i guess i missed bashing my kids with that one...
    not for lack of trying to kill their spirits with all
    the other crap the truth TM managed to foist
    on me and mine...

i DO remember telling them should they become
    afraid that a demon was targetting them to say
    jah's name aloud as demons would run in terror

oh gawd, what a dupe !

i am sorry, my lovelies!
    mea maxima culpa

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Absolutely~!!

I believed - into my 30's - that while demons could not read our minds, they *could* see and hear us. If we got involved in ouija, drugs and other forms of spiritism, then we were inviting them into our brains where they could take over our thoughts.

They were smart, attentive and intuitive so could see our eyes lingering on forbidden subjects, pick up on subtleties of speech and of course see our actions even when hidden to other humans. It seemed that the demons were more interested in watching us than Jehovah and the angels. (Apparently, Jesus was oddly always off somewhere else doing something more important - like administrative duties.)

I was always afraid to verbalize my fears and weaknesses for fear that the demons would take advantage of this confirmation and attack me in my weakest spot(s). *shudder*

Glad I'm out.

-Aude.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Everyone I believe was told that one just call out God's Name and the demons would flee.

But I seriously remember saying Jehovah Jehovah Jehovah in one of my nightmares and the scary creatures just laughed at me and said your God won't save you. I was 5 and always had troubled nightmares to the point my mother sent me to counseling.

The nightmares eventually got better but I always wondered if saying God's name real would be powerful enough.

• Rethinking
    Rethinking

I can remember my mom telling me that if I thought I heard her call me from another room, I should come to her rather than shouting back a response because I may be responding to demons who were calling me. Kah-razy stuff. Why would they call on a little kid?

Now, when I'm able to, I read my (daily) horoscope!

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

I remember being told that but where did that belief come from? Is it in the literature somewhere?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They tried that crap on me. But, if the demons could watch your behavior, that would speak much louder than words--and, in theory it would be possible to mislead the demons if speaking out loud is how they learned what bothers you. That does not, in fact, work.

Besides, it is Jehovah that has been continually holding me back, not Satan or the demons. If Satan or the demons were in fact more powerful than Jehovah, they would have successfully set me up sexually with the opposite sex (both to disobey Jehovah and because they want me to have freedom that cannot be found with Jehovah). They have not successfully done this--that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag Jehovah has always managed to barge in well short of anything even leaning in that direction. And, Jehovah does not need me to open my mouth--He knows how to repress me and prevent me from ever having anything good, and just does it before I say anything. At which point, there is no further need to even try to fight against the Satan that is at least trying to set me free from that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag.

• slipnslidemaster
  • MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Not talking generally - but I was told not to pray out loud or Satan would hear, AND he can also lip-read, so extra caution needed to be taken when praying alone.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

MidwichCuckoo...I was told the same thing. That religion will mess a kid up.

• missme
    missme

I remember being told the same thing, they can hear you but can't read your thoughts. So I felt safe thinking about all the bad things I wanted to without acting them out. However, I did get brave and wanted to test this theory out and on more than one occasion would yell out "i want to worship Satan" and nothing happened. So then I thought it was all bs cuz wouldn't he take someone up on that, especially one of Jah's precious people??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit