NEW GENERATION DEFINED -- April 15, 2010 Watchtower

by Ultimate Reality 385 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sir82
    sir82
    He referred to as a "really exciting and wonderful" new understanding that proves how close to the end we are.

Huh?

Wait a minute - we've gone from "one generation" to "2 overlapping generations" and that "proves the end is close"?!?

How exactly does that work?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

All of this would be hilarious if it weren't for the fact these men are holding so many of beloved family members captive to their delusional visions of grandeur.

• snowbird
    snowbird

[a child born today--in 2010--is actually part of Tom Brokaw's "Greatest Generation" (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greatest_Generation) because there are still plenty of WWII vets alive today...]

Exactly!

That child could even be said to be part of the Total War generation because a few WWI vets are still kicking.

For the WT, the word generation is completely meaningless.

Shameful and disgusting, disgusting and shameful.

Sylvia

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Thats^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ the kind of minset we need to have!

• wannabe
    wannabe

Hi All!

Too bad they don't have brains enough to read the Book they claim to champion. They just might zero in on the last ruling World Power that the Apostle John said, would go off into destruction. Too bad they don't know, that this eighth King that springs friom the seven, actually springs from among the Ten Horns of Daniels vision. If they was to read Daniel 7:8 they would learn in a hurry, that three of the Ten Horns was pulled out by the roots to make room for one little horn that was in among them, that stood up as this eighth King. Take three from Ten! What have you? You have seven, correct, this Eighth King was to spring from the seven, not the seventh as in seventh World Power. That's where they go wrong in their calculations. They believe that when the League of Nations went into the abyss of inactivity in the 1940's that the United Nations that sprang up after the league, was this eight King! Wrong! The eighth King is among the Ten Horns! It is the last one on the scene just prior to Jehovah's intervention. It will be the generation of this Eighth King that was not to pass away. His generation that would have to be cut short. This Eighth King will establish a one World Government where everyone on pain of death will be forced to reveive a mark on the right hand and forehead. Anyone at this time not displaying these marks will be dead or starve to death from want of food because no one will be able to buy or sell if they do not display those marks. This eighth King will constitute the abomination of desolation, in that his one World Government is standing or ruling in the place meant for the chtrist alone to rule in, or stand in. Got to rush away! Wannabe

• zoiks
    zoiks

Wait a minute - we've gone from "one generation" to "2 overlapping generations" and that "proves the end is close"?!?

Exactly. This is what I find so dismal about it. People will take it without question, and spin it to fit their hopes. I doubt that many will wake up.

• undertheradar
    undertheradar

To give this authority they have cunningly used an article on the holy spirit. This is the introduction to it at the front of the magazine:

"We know that Jehovah’s purpose keeps moving

forward toward its complete fulfillment.

This article examines the holy spirit’s role—in

the past, at present, and in the future—in the

outworking of that purpose."

THE HOLY SPIRIT'S ROLE? What the holy spirit keeps changing it's mind?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I had just reconciled myself to a slow fade rather than a quick DA but I don't think I can stomach even pretending to believe this. I'm back to not knowing what to do...My poor, poor, ignorant friends and family...

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    He evidently meant that the lives of the anointed
    who were on hand when the sign began to become
    evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other
    anointed ones who would see the start of the great
    tribulation. That generation had a beginning, and it
    surely will have an end
    . The fulfillment of the various
    features of the sign clearly indicate that the tribulation
    must be near. By maintaining your sense of
    urgency and keeping on the watch, you show that
    you are keeping up with advancing light and following
    the leadings of holy spirit.

Do they have a team of monkeys, furiously smoking crack cocaine, pulling this from their arses?

• teel
    teel

roflmao, ooh God... they did it, didn't they? For a while I was thinking they can't be that stupid to actually publish that... yep they are.

They even have the nerve to say that it's "evident" that when Jesus said "generation" he actually meant two generations. Oh my... it's just too funny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit