NEW GENERATION DEFINED -- April 15, 2010 Watchtower

by Ultimate Reality 385 Replies latest watchtower bible

• oompa
    oompa

just printed that page and shared it with some jw co-workers....of course they did not want to receive it from ME...but i told them it was on jw.org and that it is TOTALLY new lite again....and "interesting...i am just going to use the word interesting"......lol............oompa

• Gayle
    Gayle

(I made this comment on another "overlapping" thread a moment ago.)

"He evidently meant that the lives of the anointed who were on hand when the sign began to become evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other anointed ones who would see the start of the great tribulation."

It's the word "overlapping," that is crazy. A generation overlapping another generation involves two generations.

This stretching "rubberband" teaching of the last generation is bound to snap!

• oompa
    oompa

jws here at work say they see no big change!!!...i said how can going from ONE generation that sees it all to a second not be a huge change???....and now the definition of one generation is actually two generations??????.....and the second gen did not see a single frikkin sign around 1914.....please tell me some doubters in the crowd will mention this during the WT study!!!!!.....oompa

• Mary
    Mary

How, then, are we to understand Jesus’ words about “this generation”? He evidently meant that the lives of the anointed who were on hand when the sign began to become evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other anointed ones who would see the start of the great tribulation. That generation had a beginning, and it surely will have an end. The fulfillment of the various features of the sign clearly indicate that the tribulation must be near.

God damn it.....now I have to go and update my project.......There are simply no words for this noo-lite crap!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

We all saw this coming.

Of course they still have to explain the "generation that will live forver" or whatever they called it.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I love the line He evidently meant?!? Why are you putting words and exagerated convoluted meaning into what Jesus said?

• journey-on
    journey-on
    jws here at work say they see no big change
    ....Talk about eyes that will not see, and ears that will not hear! Blinded by the light...the advancing light.
  • PSacramento
    PSacramento

When the WT came out with the "new light" approach and say that it was easily accpeted, they knew they came upon the golden goose.

JW's can either accept the new light or admit that THEY are wrong and call into questioN EVERYTHING they hold dear, which do you think will happen for the majority?

• sir82
    sir82
    I love the line He evidently meant?!? Why are you putting words and exagerated convoluted meaning into what Jesus said?

"Evidently" is one of the WT's favorite words.

Translation of "evidently" in the WT dictionary: "Actual events have shown that our prior understanding of this point was a load of horse puckey. Therefore, we need to change our understanding. But this time, by crikey, you betcha we have it right!"

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I think I'm going to be sick.

Seriously.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit