NEW GENERATION DEFINED -- April 15, 2010 Watchtower

by Ultimate Reality 385 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Once again, the WT presumes to interpret what Jesus 'evidently' meant. What does it say in the Bible about 'interpretations'? As far as the 'generation' definition, everyone knows what a generation is. The WT not only changes the Bible to suit its doctrine, but it seems is willing to change the dictionary (written by apostates, so important words like 'generation' are misdefined in order to stumble True Christians)

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

The dictionary definition of "generation":

A. a group of individuals born and living about the same time. B. A group of generally contemporaneous individuals regarded as having common cultural or social characteristics and attitudes Have you ever met someone of the 1914 generation? How much could you possibly share with them, specifically "common cultural or social characteristics and attitudes"? Even closer to home, when I think about my own Generation X compared to my parents' Baby Boomer Generation, very few things do we share in common. And we're talking a mere 20-25 year difference!! And now there's Generation Y who are growing up with 24hr TV, the internet, email, and now smart phones capable of providing 24hr TV, internet, and email from anywhere! My question: If generations merely 20 years apart share little in common, how much less would the current generation (raised in the digital age) share with those who saw 1914 (a culture who was comfortable on a horse-and-buggy)? The Overlap Theory is a joke meant to cajole a weary flock into another "few" years of dedication to The Brooklyn Twelve, at least until they're dead and gone and the mess lands in the lap of the next "generation" of GB.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I am seriously considering having the WT Study of this article be my very last meeting. The "generation paragraphs" are read. The question asked. Mad Sweeney raises his hand and is called on, and says, "I'm going to say what dozens of you here are probably thinking. This redefining of the word 'generation' against all logic and in defiance of reality is total lunacy, and I'm not going to take it anymore." Then get up and walk out, never to return.

• wannabe
    wannabe

Flipper!

Tell me why Jesus taught us all to pray, 'let your Kingdom Come, your will be done ON EARTH' ... Was he laying a little track on all of us? Telling us to pray for something he knew wasn't ever going to come? Or was it, at some point in time, really going to come? Problem, we have, is, WHEN? Wannabe

• bohm
    bohm

Mad Sweeney: I nominate that for the coolest wt 'study' comment ever.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Not only "when" but "how?" The Bible doesn't spell it out in clear, literal language. The best data it gives are signs and symbols. Jesus told his followers to keep awake so that when it happened they'd be ready for it. He didn't tell them to continually try and figure out the future in advance. When? How? It doesn't matter of one is being a good Christian; he'll be ready and Jesus will find him awake and waiting.

• wannabe
    wannabe

Black-Sheep!

The Apostle Paul was a chosen vessel of Jehovah God! One who wrote under the influence of the Holy Spirit, so everything he wrote was immediately and directly the word of Jehovah God, and you would dare to make the statement you make here about an inspired Prophet of Jehovah? I'll tell you this! You have a lot more nerve than I do! I myself would be terrified if even a thought like that came into my mind! Wannabe

• zoiks
    zoiks

Mad Sweeney - you make that comment, and your beers will always be free when you're in my neck of the woods.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

that would make a cool da!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

What day would this be studied?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit