how do I banish negative thinking?

by creativhoney 19 Replies latest jw friends

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

the kind that keeps me awake at night.

I feel so sad at the moment. stupid man trouble the one aspect in life Im not strong in, the guy I have loved for two years. hes on a date today. he stayed at mine for the past two. found out hes been doing the deed with someone else too. tbh we arent together, and I feel sorry for the girl hes taken out, i mean he rolled out of my bed and on to his date.

hes much younger than me.. it will never work, its just loneliness.

Im sick of his name hanging in my thoughts like a word that wont go away. Id give anything to get out more, meet new friends. I dont want him to love me, I want to have no feelings for him whatsoever. - in all my life i have never been less in control of something thats so damaging and making me ill.

I know the answers, I just dont know how I get the strength. I should be asleep now!

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

ah well.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Since you didn't get an answer to your problem in less than 20 minutes, you are entitled to a COMPLETE REFUND!

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

yea I think so too. I still can't sleep.

its not good when your mood is ruled by the actions of another, I feel like a slave.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I'm sorry Honey, I don't know what to tell you. Other than he needs to be completely out of your life. Drink some warm milk, close your eyes, and count all your awesome attributes.

• changeling
    changeling

Feeling Good, by Dr. David Burns

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I dont want him to love me, I want to have no feelings for him whatsoever.

I still love everyone I've ever loved. And there's sadness that those relationships didn't turn out as they might have.

I have not stopped loving them, missing them, decades later.

But I also am disciplined enough to not need to be in contact with them. I can love them, and not need them.

I don't have to change my feelings, they are what they are. I don't have to change their feelings, they are what they are.

I can change my behavior, and choose to do what is healthy and good for me.

Perhaps there is room to love yourself more than someone else, then be able to love as much as you love yourself. The WTS molds us into people that discount ourselves in favor of others, sometimes. When that happens, we start judging our worth by how others see us, and need them to need us.

It can be a long relearning process to value ourselves, and enjoy the company we keep when we are alone.

How do I banish negative thinking? the kind that keeps me awake at night.

Find something you love and immerse yourself in it. Music, books - meditation. Meditation, while listening to non-demanding music that nourishes your heart, can help you focus on your experience of existing, on what it is like to be alive and have a body in this world. Focus on what it is like to breathe, what it is like to have a heart beating.

This is "boring". There is little to occupy the mind. We are taught to use our minds all the time, and much of our sadness can come from replaying thoughts in our minds. As you mention.

If not meditation, perhaps creative visioning: use your mind to imagine a yourself doing things you would never think of doing in life. Use your imagination, occupy your mind, with visioning your future: who is there, who you are in relationship with, how youare acting, how you are feeling.

And drift off in peace...

• zoiks
    zoiks

Just remember that you are an amazing individual. I know that I'm not the only one of this mostly anonymous group that thinks so.

• poppers
    poppers

Good suggestions, voideater.

• shamus100
    shamus100

You need to be positive in every aspect of your life, especially your thoughts. It's not easy, but do your best every day.

Or you can start smoking pot. I don't suggest that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit