Have You Taken the Xmas Stuff Down Yet?

by OnTheWayOut 14 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

At work, the lights and tree are still up. They almost certainly will come down this week.

Some people get their stuff up early to avoid harsher weather or because they had time right after Thanksgiving. But getting the stuff down is more difficult when the horrible January weather is upon us and the holiday time to get extra stuff done is passed.

My neighbors had elaborate Xmas lights displays and most are gone, some are not. Many still turn on the lights, others have the lights up but don't turn them on anymore.

When is it time to come down? How have you done this year? I am a fader with an active JW wife, so no trees, no lights.

• Quandry
    Quandry

We got all our stuff taken down and boxed. I went up the rickety attic stairs and took the boxes from my husband as he lifted them partway. I shoved the boxes into the attic.

The next day, of course, I noticed a decoration on the dining room buffet that I'd forgotten.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

My Christmas stuff comes down on February 31--no earlier. And, if February doesn't have 31 days in it, they stay up all summer that year.

• blondie
    blondie

Tree is down but our white lights outside are up all year long. Disney has their lights up all year long. It's not a xmas thing. I have other winter things I keep up until the snow is gone.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Our outdoor decorations are frozen in the ground, so they won't be put away for awhile. I've been too busy and/or lazy to take the tree down and put away all of the Christmas bric-a-brac. Plus, my husband is still doing his after Christmas shopping, so there's no point in opening up the attic until everything is ready to be put away.

• moshe
    moshe

When I lived up North I had a neighbor who put his outside decorations/lights on a timer- which was OK, except they went to Flroida for the winter and would forget to shut the timer off- February and he still had those Xmas light running. Now down in Florida we neighbors who still have their light at full power- icsicle lights on the eaves, inflatable Santa on an inflatable Harley- I have to chalk that up to dementia, alzheimers, I guess.

• cantleave
    cantleave

We had one string of lights which were hung around the the Television. They are ready to be joined by a lot more next year.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I usually do that on New Years Day. Sort of a ritual to start the year off in order. But this year I was beat, it took an extra week. And of course as Quandry said, after organizing all the boxes, and putting them away, I found several things I had missed.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Just did. :(

• darthfader
    darthfader

Ours are still up.. We have agreed to lead out decorations up intil the first weekend in February. I look at it as a "winter holiday" so why not leave them up for a little while when it's winter time :)

darth fader

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit