Is the Governing Body Really the Faithful Slave?

by wannabe 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wannabe
    wannabe

Is the Governing Body really the Faithful Slave?

Let's look at how my on-line Dictionary defines this word Parable; which Matthew 24:45 is!

"The Parable is the designed use of language purposely intended to convey a hidden and secret meaning other than that contained in the words themselves; and which may or may not bear a special reference to the hearer, or reader."

So, how well hidden, is the exact meaning of this parable? Just how secret is it? What meaning, other than the contained words, does it convey to us who wish to understand it? What is the true meaning that may, or may not, bear special reference to the hearer or reader? Let's look at that parable now!

45 "Who then is a faithful and sensible slave,whom his master has put in charge of his household, to give them food at the proper time?" {Matthew 24:45 HCSB} The first question to ask, is whose household is in question here? If one first begins, when reading this scripture, that the Christ is the Master doing this appointing over the household, he/she is immediately off-track. Reason being, the hidden or secret meaning, will be missed by assuming that. Why do I say that? Because the Master in the first instance has to be Jehovah God, not the Christ! Whose household is in question here? That is the key for understanding it properly! Let's take a look, and see!

18 "For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit. 19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone." {Ephesians 2:18-20 NIV}

14 "Although I hope to come to you soon, I am writing you these instructions so that, 15 if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God's household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth. 16 Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness is great:
    He appeared in a body,
    was vindicated by the Spirit,
    was seen by angels,
    was preached among the nations,
    was believed on in the world,
    was taken up in glory." {1 Timothy 3:14-16 NIV}

Both of these scriptures tell us, that the household in question was God's Household, and the Master {Jehovah God} put his Son {Jesus} in charge of the household.

Ephesians 2:18-20 informs us, that the Christ is the chief corner stone! It was Christ who appeared in a body, vindicated by the spirit, believed on in the World, seen by angels, preached among the nations. Taken up in glory. This was the Church of the living God in question here- Jehovah's House, over which he appointed his Son, the Christ, as the faithful Slave, to administer the food at the proper time to all of the other members of the house of God.

1"Therefore, holy brothers, who share in the heavenly calling, FIX YOUR THOUGHTS ON JESUS, the apostle and high priest whom we confess. He was faithful to the one who appointed him, just as Moses was faithful in all God's house. Jesus has been found worthy OF GREATER HONOR than Moses, just as the builder of a house has greater honor than the house itself. For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything. Moses was faithful as a servant in all God's house, testifying to what would be said in the future. But CHRIST IS FAITHFUL AS A SON OVER GOD'S HOUSE. And we are his house, if we hold on to our courage and the hope of which we boast firm to the end." {Hebrews 3:1-6 NIV} From this we see, that it was the sole responsibility for the Christ as head over God's House to supply the food at the proper time for all of the members of God's house.

Let's face the facts! Who would be in a better position to supply that food at the proper time? Would not the one doing that supplying have to be in control of the Holy Spirit, in order to get that spiritual feeding done? Is it not true that ever since his ascenion he has had control of the Holy Spirit? Did he not show that control when he poured it out at Pentecost, and the gift's of the Spirit was given to the Apostles, in the first Century? {Acts 2: 1-47} {Acts 2:33} Then, too, who would be in a better position to know exactly when each one would be ready for another flash of spiritual light? It would take someone with super-human abilities to do that spiritual feeding; for no man on this earth would even be capable of doing what the Christ can now do from his heavenly vantage point. For any human to say that they are the faithful slave is a totally ludicrous idea. Actually quite laughable, as a matter of fact, when you really think about it!

How did Jesus show us by his own words that he was the Faithful Slave of the Parable in Matthew 24:45? With these following words:

15 "I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you." {John 15:15 NIV} Does his Father Jehovah back him up in any way? Yes! He does! Read the following:

6 "Then the angel said to me, "Everything you have heard and seen is trustworthy and true. The Lord God, {Jehovah} who inspires his prophets has sent his angel to tell his servants what will happen soon."{Revelation 22:6 NLT}

We well know, that Jesus was the Angel that Jehovah sent to reveal all of things that would happen soon. More proof is found at Revelation 1:1,2 -

1"The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2 who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ." {Revelation 1:1,2 NIV} John would never have been able to testify to anything was it not to have been revealed to him by the Christ who had himself received the Revelation from his Father. So, it wasn't John who supplied the food at the proper time in this instance, it wasthe Chrtist who did that! Correct?

On the first hand, Jehovah gave the Revelation to the Christ, Christ in turn sent his Angel to deliver the entire twenty-two Chapers of the Revelation to John, who, in turn testifies to everything that he's learned. The reason being, John is one of the ones, who had the work of the testimony of Jesus Christ, as imparted to him by the Christ. {Revelation 12:17}

So, it was, as we see, it was the word of God, and the testimony of Jesus Christ; showing very clearly that Jesus was the faithful Slave of the parable in Matthew 24:45 - It could have never been anyone else. Certainly never any human on this earth, as claimed by the Governing Body of the Watchtower Society; who makes claim they received their appointment to office in the year 1919. Imagine that! Even before the Christ receives his appointment as ruling King over this earth. They have been appointed, even before their Master, so-called, received his! Very faulty reasoning on their part, is it not?

45"Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time?" {Matthew 24:45 NIV}

None other than our Lord Jesus Christ! This is the one, his MASTER felt deserved that position! Why not? Jesus was "the appointed heir of all things." {Hebrews 1:1-4}

"In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe. 3The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. 4 So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs." {Hebrews 1:1-4 NIV}

More superior to any human that tries to usurp his position, as well. Move it on over Governing Body! Wannabe

• cantleave
    cantleave

Keeping this. Excellent argumentation. THANKS

• wannabe
    wannabe

Cantleave!

No! Thank YOU! Wannabe

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

You know, what reason would Jesus and God have to hide hidden things in his parables?

Sounds like Jesus was being very manipulative and casuing dissention on purpose.

Besides, the FDS is only ONE of the parables that Jesus mentions.

Jesus must of been a sneeky SOB, Imean he could have just come out and said things right? I mean he was the WORD of God, why mislead? why confuse?

• lesterd
    lesterd

Well lets see; your conclusions are as founded as the GB, but what is the real secret? What identifies the faithful slave...feeding the sheep, protecting them. Jehovah's flock, congregation has been misled and feed rancid spiritual food, thus identifing them as not being the faithful slave. Could it be that when the breakup of the organization occured the faithful slave left and the disobediant slave maintained control of the organization?

• wannabe
    wannabe

PSacremento!

If you read Matthew 13:10-15 you'll get your answer! Wannabe

• wannabe
    wannabe

Lesterd!

Could they have ever have had the guidance and and direction of the Faithful Slave, {The Christ}in the first place? Would the Christ have established a 130 year record of failed predictions and false propecies, as they have? Seems to me something was very seriously lacking, wouldn't you say? Wannabe

• JWoods
    JWoods

Especially interesting is the simple fact that they claim the faithful slave was first CTRussell, later the Watchtower Society (later to be the GB) and that we can identify three separate identities that the so-called "faithful slave" has made for the faithful slave itself!

(Russell personally, "the WT society (meaning primarily Rutherford or Knorr + board of directors", and finally the nebulous "Governing Body".)

In other words, the "faithful and discreet slave" did not even know who the faithful and discreet slave really was until about 85 years into the WTS history. This from people who go to great lenghts to disdain the scripture about Peter being the "rock" on which the church would be built - a much plainer reference to church organization than the slave parable.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    If you read Matthew 13:10-15 you'll get your answer! Wannabe

Oh I read that and I am familar with those verses, I just don't agree with them, it seems that even in the NT there are cases of things not being "kosher" and out of character with what God and Jesus teach.

You notice that the disciples had no idead what Jesus was talking about and they were with him all the time, Jesus had to explain it to THEM, his very own disciples,

If they didn't understand and they were there, with him, all the time, what does that tell you?

• moshe
    moshe

Has any member of the Governing Body ever said publicly or in print that they are one of the F&DS? I know that everything in the magazines implies that they are. Also, I don't think the WT ever a specifies number or laocation for the F&DS , either. They might as well be talking about F&DG, the faithful and discreet ghosts!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit