• teejay
    teejay

Mindchild?

I thought you were leaving...

... or was that merely a pathetic ruse?

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

hey skips - my pennys worth ...

i love long posts, but i have a short attention span - what i do is copy and paste them into word - then print them out on a three column landscape document and spend the next few days reading them - i've done this with a lot of your work and my (now full) file is currently sitting with my ex-mother-in-law who is getting some encouragement out of it afresh

please don't think you (or any others listening) are wasting your time here - i certainly appreciate it :)

When you lose small mind, you free your life ... (© Serj Tankian, Daron Malakian)

(edited for typos ... sorry)

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Wow..AllIwannadoislive..I appreciate you telling me this, as well as some of the other posters on this thread. I really didn't think the material was all that useful and that is why I felt discouraged for making serious threads. Thanks to all of you guys for letting me know that and when I get some time, I will try some more non-fluff stuff.

Teejay...me patheticous? Of course I am but for different reasons. I never said I was going to leave just questioned the usefulness of making serious posts. so btttttt

Kind Regards,

Skipper

• GoldDustWoman
    GoldDustWoman

Okay folks! Moral of the story is................

If someone puts what is obviously much time and effort into a post, and you benefit from their efforts.............

Drum roll, puleeeese........

LET THEM KNOW!!!!

Post it to them, email them, shout it out your kitchen window!

Anyway, MC doesn't have my permission to leave here.

GDW

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

This is a problem I understand.

First of all, if we think of this as a virtual bar, the heart of a virtual community (ya know, the ones's where the guys wear plaid shirts and the women are feisty), we, due to the nature of the medium, get far more bleed-through than in a real bar.

In a real bar, you can't 'read' every conversation that takes place in an evening. So you don't get bugged when xyz and abc spend the evening talking about engine re-builds, or when def and uvw are helping ghi get over being dumped, or listen to jkl being a drama-queen or opq being a nasty so-an-so to mno.

We, here, CAN read all the conversations. We want to sit down and talk about evolution, or super-string-theory, or our kids first steps, or our boyfriend, or work, or this new insight in to the word 'is' in Greek. We want people who will appreciate the conversation, those who have some feedback. But there's an at times overwhelming wave of stuff that doesn't interest us, which might push what we want to talk about out of sight and out of mind.

That doesn't mean that any of us (bar trolls) are doing anything 'wrong' talking about what we want to talk about, it just means that due to the medium, the messages we want get lost sometimes.

Now, either I can win the Lottery and buy an island and we can have a real bar where the 'egg-heads' will have their table (next to the Trivial Pursuit machine) and will talk bollocks (in anyone elses opinion), raising their heads only when a general knowledge quizz comes about, and the 'youngsters' will have a table where they do body-shots and talk about sex, and the 'parents' will talk about potty training...

... or we can just be tolerant and appreciate the tolerance of others.

I think we should do that, as what it means is we get cross pollenisation, people talking about stuff they'd never talk about, and that is always a good thing, whether it's an 'egghead' talking about his kids or a 'parent' revealing they were a whizz at molecular biology.

All the 'egghead' 'parent' 'youngster' things are just labels, and we know how little they mean, don't we?

I have seriously thought about starting a club ('Den of Apostates' struck me as an amusing name) on line, and inviting people I like, as I get a little tired of 'fluff' at times, but I hate the idea of being elitist...

... yes, maybe the increase in size of this place will mean it gets too unweildy unless there is spliting up.

But that would mean I would have not had the opportunity to show Erich a side of my personality he's not seen, in the post about the problems he's having; he's had something terrible happen, and the fact I have decide views about what he thinks and believe don't affect my sympathy for him.

If we split up and divide off we miss out on really knowing each other at times, as that's just one example - it happens every day.

Personally speaking Mindchild, you know I like you and would miss you if you went away. I was getting heartil sick of this place before Christmas, but two weeks off, and it's good to be back, but I know I'll go through cycles of posting everyday, and then not posting for weeks, and am just in the former phase at this time.

It's far more moderate to hold your hand over the glass when you don't want any more, than to smash the bottle.

All the best.

Gyles

People living in glass paradigms shouldn't throw stones...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit