I Don't Sympathise With Suicides

by Englishman 83 Replies latest jw friends

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Englishman,
    I respect your position very much. When Kevin threatened to take his life, I do take that threat seriously. I don't much care if he was just looking for attention, or if he was serious. However, that will only work once for me. Let me tell you a story.

My father took his life in August 24, 2000. He did threaten it often. I got to the point that I did not take it seriously. And that is when he did it. That was his decision, and to this day I am mad at him for doing it, but it was his decision none-the-less. If Kevin once again claims to be ready to take his life, I don't plan to post or e-mail him again. I did that once, and if he is serious, that is his choice. I will be very mad at him, but it is his life to do with as he chooses. I do love him as a friend, but just as I am responsible for my choices, so is he.

I want to thank this board once again for listening to me when I spoke of my dad's death. Many of you were a great help to me.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

Jeremy's Hate Mail Hall Of Fame.
    http://hometown.aol.com/onjehovahside/ and [email protected]

• termite 35
    termite 35

If people are looking for attention ,it's because they need it ...

• Englishman
    Englishman

Fairplay Jayhawk 1, a horrible dilemma for you.

But you did not take your Fathers decision on board and make yourself responsible, you were cool enough to see it as his problem. That is the whole point of what I am saying, attempted suicides are all about manipulation and control, look how Kevin is trying to enviegle himself back into favour now that he has been rumbled as a manipulating and devious controller of emotions.

He's got a problem, hope that he is man enough to deal with his problem.

Englishman.

Bring on the dancing girls!

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Hey Dr.Termite,

Is that your argument? I agree but since they're taking something from me I have the right to ask some things back. I never let people demand something precious from me, and there's nothing more precious than time, without making sure i do things my way.

If someone wants Dr.Englishmans help, let them take Dr.Englishmans cure.

Dr.Bruce

• ISP
    ISP

I think you have to take a fair degree of stuff online with a pinch of salt. I don't know what happened really to kevin. I have heard similar stuff from Logical at times. There are some very caring, good people here and I would not like to think their kindness is being abused. I wish Kevin well.

Regards to all.

ISP

• Englishman
    Englishman
    If people are looking for attention ,it's because they need it ...

Termite,

If you're on a philosophy course, I think that you should ask for a refund.

nglishman.

• JerryTX
    JerryTX

One of my co-workers killed himself several months ago. I took him to lunch two days before he did himself in. We had a good time.
    I guess since he had already made his decision to do himself in, he was relieved and at peace with himself.

After lunch we were goofing around with someone's digital camera. My coworker did a goodbye wave when I took his pic. Now I know why. I thought he was a real bastard for doing that. He knew we'd make the connection later in a couple of days.

He didn't tell anyone. He had many things going for him. However, he was not open to getting help. No one saw it coming. I felt sorry for him, but I felt sorry mainly for myself and my other co-workers and his family who would have done anything to help if he'd only asked. He was too proud to ask for help, and didn't want our help. So instead we got to look at his dead body in a casket and go to his funeral.

I can understand he must have been suffering unimaginable emotional pain to carbon minoxide himself to death in his own apartment alone.
    With a good shrink, medication, a support group, a willingness to ask for help, or any one of the above, he would probably be alive today.

I am pissed off that he would do that without asking for a helping hand.

--------------------------------------

"The truth will set you free--but first it will make you damn mad."

M. Scott Peck - "The Different Drum"

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Dr.Englishman you are so right,

I thought I was whistling in the wind yesterday. Now I feel like I bent too far the otherway .. oo I feel so used .. Now do I go over there and tell Kevin what a snivelling little grub he is or backoff again? .. mm I'll go see if he's apologised for all the trouble he's caused, that should tell us his true character.

thanks again, Dr.Bruce

• Englishman
    Englishman

Uncle Bruce,

Give him hell! In a few months he'll be giving Logical a good talking to. Know what I think? There are too may wimps here sponging off the ladies for support.

Bugger your sensitive sides lads, start acting like men!

Englishman.

• termite 35
    termite 35

No; i'm not on a psycology course... just trying to offer a little something to someone,regardless of whether they 'use' me or not,what the hell does it hurt me to give up a little time?am i so important that i can't spare it; just in case it's a genuine need,i never said i was good at it or claiming to be a help to anyone; just trying to make someone feel better.that's why we're here is'nt it? Or are we really here to fawn to the views of a few?f**k that

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit