the RV just became a DNC!!!!

by highdose 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• highdose
    highdose

some of you may remember me posting a few days ago that my shop had become some jw's magazine route. Well today the staff who was supposed to man the shop has called in sick, which meant that i had to go in and open up. Who should i find waiting for me on the door step with a big beaming self righteous grin on his face but a JW! He was holding a large stack of english language brochures. He asked me if i remembered him? I said no, since i havn't met him before, he told me that he had called recently and left a brochure with me! Had I read it?

I replied no, and could he please tell his people not to ever call at this shop again. He asked why? I told him i did not agree with his beliefs, he immedatly wanted to know which beliefs? I told him for a start that he belived that Jeruesalem was destoryed in 607, he replied " no no no no! we do not belive this at all!" i said " you do! and you know you do! thats why you also belive in 1914" " no no no we do not belive that anyone knows the date when jesus is coming! in 1914 yes, things changed in the world but the bible says that no one knows when the lord is coming"

i told him i did not agree with him, and to make sure that he made a note that none of his people were to call here in future. He said " but how can you not agree? we are christian like you!" he then started wagging a irrate finger in my face and shouting " you people! you go to war! and you kill eachother in the name of god! we do not do this! can you not see that we are right?!!... what religon are you?"

i told him i was of no religon, " no religon?! but then how can you have no beliefs? what you belive?" i told him i belived in treating others well, being a responsible member of the communtiy and looking out for others and i added " i do not go to war, i don't kill people and i don't agree with your religon!"

by this time he looked furious and the expression on his face was one of foul hatred, the greeks around here would say he was giving me the "evil eye". He asked for his brochure back in a trimupant way, i told him yes i had it and he could have it back. To which he replied excitedly " and did you read it?" i said no and i wouldn't ever. I handed him back his brochure and other magazines that have been left before, he didn't want to take the magazines as he had not left them. I told him to take them away and make sure no one else of his religon ever came round with them again! He left.

I was shaking at the end, not sure why? i'm sure he can figure out that i'm apostate so hopefully he won't be back. I spent the rest of the morning thinking of all the other things i would have liked to have said, but hopefully i will never get a chance...

So its offical! i'm now a Do not call:)

• wobble
    wobble

Hey Highdose !

Big respect to you, and a big snowy hug from the old Country !

Well done,self righteous prick, isn't it strange that they want to know what you believe, so they can attack those beliefs, as if that validated their crazy doctrines !

It is better to be a DNC than a DUNCE, which is what he is.

Love

wobble

• highdose
    highdose

i found it incredible that he would balently deny 607 and 1914 at all!

you i kinda feel like the person i used to be only 1 year ago, the devout modest jw, is really shocked at what i've just done!

• geevee
    geevee

Interesting.... good on you for giving it to him... both barrels.

So what does he mean about 607 and 1914? Has it changed so much in the last 5 years?

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Holy smokes. Great!

By the time this story makes the JW rounds......., you'll have probably grown horns and a tail.

Good for you.

lisa

• blondie
    blondie

When I was a jw I found that many of them did not understand 607 and its connection with 1914 and dreaded the few times that the WTS assigned that topic in the school.

Maybe he slept through this part of the 2007 Bible Teach book:

*** bh 1914—A Significant Year in Bible Prophecy ***Revelation 12:6, 14 indicates that three and a half times equal "a thousand two hundred and sixty days." "Seven times" would therefore last twice as long, or 2,520 days. But the Gentile nations did not stop ‘trampling’ on God’s rulership a mere 2,520 days after Jerusalem’s fall. Evidently, then, this prophecy covers a much longer period of time. On the basis of Numbers 14:34 and Ezekiel 4:6, which speak of "a day for a year," the "seven times" would cover 2,520

years.

The 2,520 years began in October 607 B.C.E., when Jerusalem fell to the Babylonians and the Davidic king was taken off his throne. The period ended in October 1914. At that time, "the appointed times of the nations" ended, and Jesus Christ was installed as God’s heavenly King.—Psalm 2:1-6; Daniel 7:13, 14.

Just as Jesus predicted, his "presence" as heavenly King has been marked by dramatic world developments—war, famine, earthquakes, pestilences. (Matthew 24:3-8; Luke 21:11) Such developments bear powerful testimony to the fact that 1914 indeed marked the birth of God’s heavenly Kingdom and the beginning of "the last days" of this present wicked system of things.—2 Timothy 3:1-5.

[Footnote]

From October 607 B.C.E. to October 1 B.C.E. is 606 years. Since there is no zero year, from October 1 B.C.E. to October 1914 C.E. is 1,914 years. By adding 606 years and 1,914 years, we get 2,520 years. For information on Jerusalem’s fall in 607 B.C.E., see the article "Chronology" in InsightontheScriptures, published by Jehovah’s Witnesses.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Highdose,

I found that by telling them DNC they became even more determined. It pissed me off. I ended up having to write a letter to local KH and put DNC into writing. Then guess what? About a year later the JWs come back. But this time were from a different congo.

I suppose you have to write a DNC letter to all congos within 60 mi. area to keep them away. And from what I understand now, the letter is only "good" for one year. I would like to know who the f** made that rule?

It really makes me mad that they can put the general public through these legalistic hoops and then they even make such loopholes that they can still come back and harass you.

Hope it doesn't turn out that way for you. But my experience was once you tell them DNC they become worse!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Good for you hd.

Hope they leave you alone now. I suspect they will.

Jeff

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

isn't it sickening how they just lie without as much as feeling that they are doing it, Christians? LOL!

• nugget
    nugget

As far as I recall elders are supposed to make a call on DNCs once a year to see if they still feel the same so you may have a chance to let rip with all the things you would like to say and didn't. You could mention denial of 607 and 1914, and remember the witness lied to you, if he was mistaken then what is he doing on the doors he obviously doesn't know his core beliefs.

Good for you I am surprised he put up such a fight but perhaps he had high hopes. The fact he didn't notice you were a different person speaks volumes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit